Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why the slap?

Galuc
Super Contributor
This share has been so good to me in th past and now it is starting to hurt, time to jump ship or is there recovery here in the next 6 months?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Well, it has dropped from R70 to R58 which is substantial - what is your trading stop loss? Down 4.4% in London today.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
stop loss is on 10% and sitting at nearly 4already with a small recovery this morn, I was expecting this share to run these next 2 months, with the positive outlook on the economy in europe and the housing market showing a turn or at least bottoming.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Galuc one of my favourites,i shall reveiw it under real estate onmy site soon.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
maybe nice price to get in SBK was giving it a buy @ R66
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
SBSA were stopped out 5% stop loss. The buy was before the bad news on SENS.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
During the middle of Sept. LBT announced that it had placed 56.1m ords (equivalent to 9.9% of its issued share capital prior to the placement) at 500p each. Nav was stated as 1095p per share as at 30 June 2008 and subsequent to the property market meltdown in the UK as 448p in the latest half-year release (a 59% drop!). So the shares to be listed on the 5th of Oct were issued at an 11% premium to book, although below the prevailing market price, hence the recent sharp 17% decline in Rand terms. At 5850cps, LBT is trading below the +-6000cps issue price and might present a nice entry depending on one's view on the sustainability of the recovery in the UK economy and the R/Pound exchange rate. According to the SENS announcement, occupancy levels are recovering and a final divi of 11.5p a share is envisaged iro F2009 (approx. 140cps). The total divi of 16.5p or 200cps equates to a yield of 3.4% at present. So, who to believe, the techies who trade the (weakening) price or the fundamentals which seem to warrant a purchase? I know my choice...and I am sure Barry will agree.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Agree abolutely,could not have said it better myself.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
LBT is really going to POO in London!!
0 Kudos