Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why this drop in the price ?

striker
Super Contributor
Barry, also got into CMP,some 10 days ago,and falling ever since. I know it's know it's one of your holdings -- any news out there ? Should we sit tight,buy in at these levels,or get out?????
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
barry_1
Super Contributor
Final results,supposed to be out today.So far nothing on SENS,perhaps some one knew something in advance,or perhaps just market jitters as the vast majority of shares retreated in the last two days....This is a long term play,might move sideways for a couple of months.I think it has growth potential over time as pharmecutical companies should do very well.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We in a bear Market ???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
See my post of a few weeks ago about how the rand/dollar exchange rate affects this share. At current rate i expect profits to have declined which is probably why results have not been announced yet. Maybe they are waiting for the R/$ exchange rate to go below 9.00 to put a positive spin on results. They make loads of money when the exchange rate is favourable. Their turnover will always improve as their product pipeline from Cipla India is phenomenal.
0 Kudos