Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why would anybody buy Sappi at the moment?

Russ
Super Contributor
Unfortunately I can't guarantee that I'm right and you must make your own decision.I just know from experience that I have often watched a trade going more and more against me and eventually given up hope and got out at exactly the moment when it turns and I should have been doing the opposite.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I could not agree with Russ more. Like I said earlier if you dont need the cash leave it. It will fall soon, even if it is back to your 25 (NYSE just open lower and heading south) so the share could pull a little today or maybe tomorrow. But the choice is yours. I also pulled out early and could have made tons of extra cash in the last few weeks but I learn the hard way. Emotion is your killer, so stop looking at the numbers (cash) and look at the percentage. If you entered and were prepared to loose 10% then that is your stratergy. OMO
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
I know,it's happened to me too,guess it has happened to all of us.I know there are no guarantees and I'll make my own decision.It still helps to hear other opinions.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This might be an old cliché, but remember that the market can remain irrational much longer than you can remain solvent.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eddy66,you missed my post at 15h24.You can try to lead the price faster lower.You have about 50 min to do so.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Thank you all very much for your input and opinions!Lets see how it all pans out.I'm hanging on,and I've got my sleeping tablet ready for tonight.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
you know how much paperwork goes into liquidations, retrenchments,new government letterheads etc etc...sappi must be a long haha
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
just broke 26,50 and it's shooting up!
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
This hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 150k in 1 day
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ahh man it has lifted offf :( It feels so *****py that I sold at 24 dam hahahahaha. Oh well. Guys as I have been saying all along it fell so fast and was oversold for so so so long this run can go to mid 30s!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I can't tell u the daily movements of the share, but it is going up and in the not so distant future it will go to around R40.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah - turning out to be a lekker punt for mid 30s!!! :p mmmmm SAPSBI has potential lol!!!!
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
If I had a plaster, I would put it on this one. She makes me bleed. We should get a correction soon.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Eddy, within 10 minutes of you covering your shorts the share will drop like a brick - so please let us know the minute you close, that we can go short (murphy's law). We feel your pain, you are not alone. Remember overbought can stay overbought for a long time and can become more overbought. Luckily the dow is looking dreary so you might have some respite in the morning.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK anyone here going to admit to buying those sapsbi shares? I know it is someone alot cleverer than everyone trying to talk this share down..... ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hahahahah - yeah I admit I bought those 265,000 at around 4pm :) ;) I gotta say those 2 million trades at 1c was a joke, but there is potential upside to mid 30s, once it broke 26-27. Anyway its just a gamble from my side, I don't care if I lose the money. I got a nice stash in Harmony and up quite nicely so it's all good. Eddy, I really think you should get out of your short, wait for a pull back tomorrow rather be down 150k then 500k!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eddy think about it. Many people make mistakes. It happens. Don't average down on a losing trade, Rather get out now. Sappi can be R40 in a month. (next resistance at 31) I make more losing trades then winning trades, but the winning trades have to count - when those are up take full advantage! Hope this helps :) be greedy!!! :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eddie, hope you took two of those sleeping pills last night ;-) Hope you are still ith us here and have to gone and jumped ship to early. Your lsses might be reduced today with a downward trend early morning, but the NYSE share binced up sharply last night. Still cannot figure out if that leads JSE or if JSE leads NYSE listing. YOu gonna tell us if you close your position?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think they followed us, but the weaker rand effected it. Hmmmm, 26 held this morning. Eddy 26 might be your chance to get out before it goes further away. I searched online last night and quite a few sites were tipping Sappi as a tech buy. I seem to agree.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you look for info to support your view you will find it. There are always experts spouting out and others saying the opposite
0 Kudos