Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why would anybody buy Sappi at the moment?

Not applicable
Five, I guess that is the nature of humans/investors/traders. They always want some confirmation or rejection signals. Ultimately it depends on what the individuals outcome expectation is for the discussion. If he gets enough negative maybe his gut says he should do the opposite, and if he gets enough positive again he might buck the trend or follow suite. Whats your input as a matter of interest?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Eddy, are you still with us? Did you close at this mornings pull back to R26ish?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eddie, I hope you are still in this share as your short (and loss) is closing fast so you might be lucky enough to come out with minimal (if any) loss by days end. EARTH TO EDDIE....
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I have a feeling Eddy closed out yesterday at about 16h15,otherwise we would have heard from him today.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Hello everybody!! Well,what can I say? I didn't take any sleeping pills cause when you lose 150k all you wanna do is sleep anyway :) I close my position yesterday,so my loss is still 150k and will be forever.Another lesson learned!! I was driven by fear and obviously made the wrong decision,worst decision.I know I know,I'm probably the worst trader here.This was the second big mistake I made.I bought 800k worth of AGL the day before the didn't declare the dividend.Sold all of it at 135 and lost 140k in the process.This time was exactly the opposite with the same result.The hardest part of this is to trust yourself after such disasterous decision making.It was hard for a while just to make a single trade.This was really a low blow and I've got only myself to blame.What I have decided is to rather wait for the pullback,if any,and invest rather to speculate.Thanks for all of your info yesterday guys,much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Lets pray he didnt OD on the sleeping pills
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Don't worry,Eddy,there are no losses,only school fees.Think of it as a longer term investment,and that what you learnt from this one will make you a lot of money in the future.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eddie, ouch - sorry to hear that. Do us all a favour though...next time you want to blow 150k call a meeting, I am sure we will find a nicer way to help you blow it.... Huge party, diner for 20 or 30 at a top class restaurant, week-end away at a game farm etc etc ;-) Maybe you could loan (read give) us a couple of K each so we can use it in the markets....
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Yeah get down you dirty mut, its time to take profits on my shorts. It seems I am getting my school fees back this time.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I don't know why don't u just stick to the business that made u those money in the first place... and who was it that said after u sold and the share will drop after 10min....He was right!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I bought some sapsbp a few minutes ago, for what it's worth. This looks like a key reversal day to me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What is your reasoning for a Sap put?? Nothing says any turn is coming. Support is about 24
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
I told you it would fall to **** the minute eddy closed out! Eddy - you were supposed to advise us!!!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Eddie ...how can u that to us! :) Man that thing is falling like a rock!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
What do we call this.. Post Eddie reversal. Be careful! I wouldn't touch it though
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Its not the fall that killed him, it was the sudden stop
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well I understand that the support will be about 24 but at 35% odd rise in the price is the last 2 weeks there has to be a correction somewhere. I would expect support to be more around 22/21. (some 20% above initial rise start). Am I wrong in my analisys?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
You are correct, but there was some resistance at the 24-25 up swing so it would be the 1st support level, if it fall below that 12-22 is where it will end up, 3rd support is 17-18, IMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I dunno hey, I am still weary that you guys are still calling a short. This share stayed oversold for many months....we will see, time will tell
0 Kudos