Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why?

jakes007
Contributor
Can anyone tell me what is driving SOL lower. oil is up & R/$ isn't too bad.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
Global demand? higher oil prices usally equal lower output/restrained output from OPEC to keep prices higher. Sasol not only into fuel but as a by product of coal for other stuff. Lower demand on fuel and other oil based products=lower prices on a non OPEC product? Just some of the silly thoughts I would look at. Maybe the market is not seeing a sustained profitable growth on company and div expected to be flat (maybe even skipped as with many bluechips these days)....so take a stab and see what you hit. OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Here is a interesting (and you have to read between the lines) article on oil prices http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/11/news/international/iran/index.htm
0 Kudos
jakes007
Contributor
Thanks, will have a look
0 Kudos
jakes007
Contributor
?????????? Why why why. Any forecasts on SOL, cause I'm lost.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lost or long .. forget about why and focus on your exit strategy .. assuming you have one ..
0 Kudos
jakes007
Contributor
I missed it. Greed. and yes, I know I'm a tit. Do you think SOL is going to test 220?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
will SOL test 220, absolutely. Just dont ask when cause I tried to sneak a peak at Simons crystal ball and was just inches away from loosing my life... ;-) Just take the knock and live another day if you in geared instruments. If you doing normal SOL shares, buy more at lower levels. Great company and will reward you over the years. I bought when they were at R80 way back when and even at these low levels I am not in the least bit phased.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Short term trend is down. I think it has more downside potential in short term. If you want to, see if it breaches the next suport level at 265, otherwise I would agree with CPS. If you are geared, take the knock, if you have shares, look to accumulate at lower levels.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
a close below 27089 will send it to 26600, if 26600 is broken then 25850, but todays close was a good one, and if it closes above 27800, then 28700 is on the way.. so trade is short at close below 27000, and buy at close above 27800
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
Come on guys - this not a technical share. Like all commodities it moves more with the commodity than anything else. Oil and resources up late today so it's an up tomorrow for SOL!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
all shares and indexes, and commodities work on technicals, u may not believe it, but it does.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Touching 220 i think is being overly pessimistic. The short term trend is down but will find strong support at 255. Anywhere between 255 and 270 will be good entry point over the medium term will make some good profit.
0 Kudos