Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why

Chopchop
Contributor
Why is this share doing so well suddenly? There is nothing on SENS or in the news about it but it went up 55% in the last few weeks 23% today.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Making a whack on these. Management tried to lead a buyout 4 years ago. Their offer was deemed to be too cheap by the advisors. Since then KDV has bought back 35% of their shares and generated. The offer adjusted for dilution was around 65c. At 30c - I had to buy some. They have since expanded to Gauteng, generated another two 4 years of cash, paid a 6c dividend and bought some of their previously rented premises. They have sold their underperforming and capital hungry manufacturing facilities and ramped up their ratios. At R1,1 their forward PE should be around 9. (?)
0 Kudos
Chopchop
Contributor
Thanks for the detailed reply. I put it on my watchlist about 6 months ago, but a bit too nervous of small caps to buy. Sounds like they could even be worth a punt at R1.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Perhaps - but up over 250% in a year... I won't be selling. (Tax considerations strengthen this decision.) On the other hand, I won't be buying either. Sometimes its better to wait for the next "sitter" and not suffer a potential reversal.
0 Kudos