Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why?

klapka
Super Contributor
Somebody bought 1000 Dialogue Group shares at 12 cents today. It is the only trade of the day. Assuming R90 costs? That means they paid 21 cents a share for 12 cent shares. Why? Manipulation? How? This was a buy against a big offering. It would have no effect. A waste of money? Seems more reasonable. Why?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
or doff .. most likely .. happens all the time, newbies don't understand the costs properly ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Could be an expensive typo - he meant to type 12, but instead typed 21....
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
It happened again today. There were a few trades today of 10 and 11 cents then at closing auction someone bought 1000 shares at 12 cent.
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
klapka, do u still own this? I get the feeling from your regular posts on this share that u do?
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
I do. In I fact increased my holding when it went down to 7 and 8 cents after the special divi. And you?
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
Klapka, do u still own this? They r taking their own sweet time wrapping things up. I got in at 7 and waiting for the wrap up. Been more than 4 months.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
rsalie, Yes they are not very good communicators to their shareholders. There was a brief article on ITWeb last month which simply said they are still finalising a few outstanding issues which seem to be the same ones they announced at the AGM. The main item for us is the outstanding monies from the Gauteng Provincial Government which is the penalty payment for ending the Sibize contract, early. It is a considerable sum and was promised for May 2011. It has obviously not yet been paid and one would like some clarity as to if and when. The June interims are due out soon so hopefully we will get some news then.
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
True, the monies from the Gauteng Government makes up most of the outstanding TNAV. Typical government. Guess we just have to wait and see.
0 Kudos