Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Will Anglo Finally give up R170.00??

Electrox
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
dookie
Regular Contributor
I think so. I've heard it could end below 100.00 :-0
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What is the next support below R170?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I have to go long at 170 so lets hope so.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I mean lets hope 170 holds, not that it breaks.
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
Well if it does my stop loss kicks in and i get my first lesson in feeling the pain of loosing money on the market. I recon if it does tho, its gno drop significantly furhter, more opertunity i suppose. But thats just my ammature opinion
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
by Brazen on 18 Feb 12:00 I have to go long at 170 so lets hope so. A Quik question? Are you say that you would hold your agl if it drops bellow 170 ? if so how long do think is long ?
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
Hi Brazen, I think a new AGL low may be in the make. I won't go long before the TA indicates a turnaround, not at R170 like before. I guess this turnaround could be when AAUK tests its previous low of 10.50GBP, so we have more downside to go. Also watch, the AGL results come out in the next fortnight. Ride the short with tight stops.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
salv, no, stick to your stop. AGL has developed a range and I've been going long at 170 and then shorting it at resistance (which has gotten lower and lower = bearish). It's been a very good trading share for months and support at 170 has been solid. I think Pam is right about it breaking, but I don't know that and my system says long at 170 until it doesn't. But that in no way means hold on to your share. IN NO WAY.
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
Cool see what you saying. Ye there's no ways i would hold bellow 170, just interesting to see what people with more experience have to say. Thx
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Anyone else see a double top (daily candle) from 8 Dec - 14 Jan? If it is one - Surely there's a good chance for AA to drop to at least 144.50. Or does the fact that it went through the neckline upwards negate all that?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Theres quite a few shares teetering on critical levels waiting for what dow direction. Should this break the bigger picture for us all is problably going to be real ugly even if you make a few bucks doing a short or two.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Amen to that brother. Sasol and Satrix Fini have both moved into bloody territory. Safe money is on the short side if we don't see a reactionary bounce tomorrow or later this afternoon.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
There has been massive buying of aglsbf today.For what it's worth I also went long off the support.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The stops will go like a Japanese domino record attempt if somebody sells even a couple of AGLs below R170. Would be quite fun to watch.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I think AGL might just break. What's up with the plats? Hedgies decided it's a good place to store money, or what?
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
170 seems to be solid support. Its tested it a few times already intra day and day close, and week close. If it gets to 170 again, im am going long, missed out today. AGL/BIL is trading in a nice range, buy on bollinger support and sell on resistance.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
I'll bet on a bounce at 170 yet again but this time when I short it at resistance which will likely be lower than last time I,m staying short. Why?? 170 has been tested four times, price action is below the 50ema just remember in a bear market sell the rallys this is no place to be long it isn't smart to trade againt the trend, lastly everyone is trading the range so when they get caught long and have to cover the door going to be narrow and we should get a good run to the downside. Now that I wrote this the exact opposite should occur you all know how the market is no place for planning just go with the flow.
0 Kudos