Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Will it hold?

Roniqua
Contributor
I see GFI in deep waters. Below R100 ish not good at all. Whats the view on it. I cant see anything good here. Just that itis very low and it can go much more.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
It will bounce back once the market realizes that the new Peruvian president is more moderate than expected. The latest news coming from Peru suggest this.Also, several sources mention GFI as a good buying opportunity after the plunge. I wouldn't be too worried about it at the moment.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Time to buy
0 Kudos
kingsol
Frequent Contributor
buy buy buy
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Im not so optimistic. There is a big disconnect between stocks and the gold price and I think gold is going to sit / drift slowly down until the end of the northern summer as it usually does. With no cue from the gold price why would the stocks move higher?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Are you guys suggesting as a long term buy or a short term trade. Just have a look at the major gold shares 5, or even 10 year performance. You would have underperformed the majority of the Top 40 stocks considerabily. I really dont see any point in holding gold shares for the long term (sorry Dr. Roffey) If you are considering a short term trade, then it could be a different story.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos