Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Will they pay much more??

mjcc
New Contributor
I did a bit of my own analysis on Eland and I brought Eland at R20 and have been enjoying the ride eversince. I put them at somewhere around R85. It is now rumoured that they could be brought out - do you think they would pay more than the current price - at R120 it seems a bit expensive!!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
barry_1
Super Contributor
Possibly,however they are the nearest to produce,i think in Oct.What happens in a case like this is they they will probably receive more paper than cash(i.e. shares in who ever buys them out.Go to the post on JBL to see my latest analisys.
0 Kudos
deet
Contributor
I watched eland's meteoric rise and now am watching the biggest fall since i invested in this share at R28. it is currently at R111. and falling fast.
0 Kudos
mjcc
New Contributor
I guess once the cautionary was announced everyone went in hard - speculating on a quick gain. The longer they delay announcing the outcome of the talks the more it will probably fall.
0 Kudos
deet
Contributor
they ae not selling. I dont know why the cautionary is there, but the talks are not about a buyout
0 Kudos
mjcc
New Contributor
Why do you think they are not selling?
0 Kudos
deet
Contributor
0 Kudos