Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Wine trade.

DST
Super Contributor
A story to reflect on the next time you see a bottle of wine::-

A rep, Dave, was driving home to the peninsula from one of his sales trips along the Southern Cape, when he saw a dignified elderly local walking on the side of the road. As the trip was a long and quiet one, he stopped the car and asked the man if he would like a ride. With a silent nod of thanks, the old coloured man got into the car. Resuming the journey, Dave tried to make a bit of small talk with the old man. But he sat silently, just looking intently at everything he saw, studying every little detail, until he noticed a brown bag on the seat next to the rep. 'What in bag?' asked the man. Dave looked down at the brown paper bag and said, 'Oh, it's just a bottle of wine. I got it for my girlfriend.' The man was silent for another moment or two... Then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder, he said: 'Good trade.....'
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
Good one DST! Speaking of wines, which wines do you guys recommend for (a) everyday drinking, and (b) a very special night. My (a) is a Beyerskloof Pinotage and (b) is a Kanonkop Merlot and for dessert maybe a Neethlingshof Noble Late Harvest. What's your recommendations?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Ive been thinking of exporting south african wines for a while now! still must do further research!
0 Kudos
Shawza
Occasional Contributor
for some wine info check out: http://www.thecru.co.za
0 Kudos