Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Winter Instalment Club List Update

barry_1
Super Contributor
I have just published the filtered list of the declaration dates and will comment fully in March.For further info look under warrants on 3 Feb and address.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
richardw
Super Contributor
site looks down from my network...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
http://www.barryvision.webs.com working now.Web owners were probably updating the site.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Hi Barry. You mention in your instalment club letter that there are no instalments for CFR. I found 2, namely: CFR STD and CFR NIB. I also picked up that there is no link to instalments when one looks for them in the underlying share page. Perhaps an error/omission by OST.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
The CFR instalments are listed if one looks for them in "find and trade" on the left hand side under "find or trade instalment".
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Sorry, that should read "find or trade".
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks very much for that information,last year there were many more instalments on good shares.I have the uneasy feeling they are trying to phase them out.They are so much more safe than other derivitives.By the way I have also just updated real estate.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Why do you think they are trying to phase them out? My take is that there is a liquidity (lack of) problem, so the issuers are just sticking to the top 40 shares. Many instalments don't trade for MONTHS let alone days. Simon, any intention of phasing out share instalments?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Sorry i have taken so long to reply.First point,i think it does not matter if there only afew trades of instalments in certain shares as its between the buyer and usually Standard,only rarely is it between two traders .One can use ths matrix to determine the price and then phone them....Second point ,yes i would not mind if they consitently only stuck to the top 40,but they also have Northam and a couple of others which not in the top 40.I'm upset that they don't have RBW normally a well traded instalment, this year.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I have updated sashares2010 with interest facts on platinum and palladuim
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos