Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Woe is me........Shakespeare

Maggie
Super Contributor
R1.2m in September is now R549,000. flip, I can take the Pick n Pack boxed wine but I am struggling to buy petrol for my Ferrari!!! and then there is the flipping f?>
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
Maggie, Ouch..... you have to share your system then we can tweak it or avoid the same mistakes at least.....
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
Thats the life of a trader.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
share your system so i can take it and turn it around.
0 Kudos
babz
Contributor
Maggie - from September to now not much has happened to loose more than 50 %. It seems that you are sitting with a lot of penny shares eg Afdawn, Blue, Simmers etc. Is that true? If so, then you have to change your portfolio with losses now. However, if this is not so, please inform the forum of what created the losses and perhaps the forum will assist you to the point where you can recover. I think in the next 2 months we are going for a comfort ride to the north.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
don't think the system is the problem, it's your risk / money management which might be letting you down.
0 Kudos
Starsky
Frequent Contributor
probably she is talkin about sept 2007 or sept 2006. It is unlikely to loose money between sept 2008 and now. TTT - trade the trend regards
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Think of what u doing at the moment and do exactly the opposite and u will get it right. The time to buy was always time to sell, the same goes for the risk involved and finally..if u never listened to the Wizard.then u should start now ;)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Your post makes me feel so much better about my portfolio. Thank you
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Maggie..Darling...your are not a loser...so cut this ***** out...Email me at [email protected]
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ja Maggie, i am with John on this one. If I remember from your posts, you have a contrarian view to the markets, with plays in Simmers, Merafe & Metorex. A contrarian strategy has to be long term, and you have to expect big drawdowns - since the basic premise is that the price movements today is irrelevant, it is the future earnings of the stock that matters. I for one still hold Metorex (and I have a contrary view regarding Faritec, hence my holdings there too), but it is going to take a long time for them to come right.
0 Kudos
mehroon
Frequent Contributor
Maggie I think if you get into Property Trusts and stay there, you will do well and sleep well. OMHO
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
he he - what's an f? Put your money into Simon Says ... that should help you quite nicely, at least there's a whole forum to help you ensure you get the triggers and exits right.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
put your monies in the bank,interest is more than your loss.Or a tracker ETF or something.Study as much as u can bout market and trading then come back and make moola
0 Kudos