Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Woolies, Country Road and David Jones

Werner_1
Super Contributor
So lets have a debate about these companies... what do you think it will do for the long run on WHL?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Rams
Super Contributor
In South Africa, Woolies is a brand people know, they should just stick to it..David Jones and the likes is not well known...among the "black diamonds"....once they get their foot into woolies,the next shop is Pringle, Polo and Jeep...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
If woolies does something with these two and can increase sales in aussie, it would increase foreign income for the group. maybe their idea isnt so much getting those brands here, but something else? any idea... i need to research this more on the weekend!
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
And what did your research reveal?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I didnt research it much on the weekend unfortunately... however, i always liked Woolies and believe this is a good thing for the long term, I would like to see them enhance and alter David Jones to be more profitable and use this as another outlet for woolies products in Australia that we're familiar with here in SA. If they can get this doing well, it seems Country Road is already doing quite good for WHL, it will increase the foreign income for the group which is good! I plan on being a long term shareholder in WHL for the forseeable future!
0 Kudos