Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Woolies

WES
Super Contributor
I am on holiday in knysna. Me and the wife went to woolies this morning. The queue for the till started outside the food section ! It was a feeding frenzy, as fast as the staff was unpacking the foods the women were packing it in their trollies. I just stayed in the queue while my wife was running around, at one point I just burst into laughter....my wife asked, what hell I was laughing about.....I just said.....honey, I own shares in this company.......well, have of my smile dissapeared at the till.....but hey quality sells . Period.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Gert15
Contributor
Woolies Hermanus was the same 
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I love to hear such stories... i have been saying this for 7 years now and laughing all the way to the bank on this share... This company is very good and the quality is great, they know how to sell things and i believe they have something similar to Apple when it comes to loyalty of customers. If you buy at Woolies you will most probably always go back (unless your economic circumstances change), this is powerful for the revenues and earnings potential in my opinion... I bought more shares in the recent bottom... lets see what 2015 holds for this one!
0 Kudos
ms_moneybags
Contributor
Agreed. There have been queues everywhere,not complaining i just console myself by thinking of the growth of my shares so all good.One of my best performing shares,excited to see the growth in 2015.
0 Kudos