Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Word from Chicago.

Not applicable
I watch this guy.He's been trading the USA for 30+ yrs...and still there.He says,"Forget the predictions and stick with the facts.At 3.10pm on 6 Jan 2011 there are more Point and Figure Buy signals,than Sell signals, with a TIGHT SPREAD HOWEVER.Based on daily scans,there are more Stocks moving to Demand than Supply."### And there you go,Bulls in charge as at, with a fight brewing ahead.Markets 2011.It's War out there.(heh)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
bilow
Contributor
My horoscope for today says "stop whatever you are doing,stand back,take a deep breath". In the near future you will reflect on today. Here's hoping for the best,good luck.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
You cannot fight the FED, especially when Ben has got his Viking helmet on. The sea may churn, but his boat does not sink unless Congress pulls his plug.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We have a change.On Friday 7 Jan, a major shift with more P&F Sell signals than Buy signals.The ratio is 2:1##There are also 3x more stocks changing from Demand to Supply....= early-warning.WATCH OUT.The sucking sound of hot-money and Downdraft.##Make it a cold one please.Cheers mate !The Rand sucks.That's right.I'll buy the next round.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Virilius,to the less informed like myself you sometimes (mostly) sound like a Marcian speaking through a message scrambler. Can you please tell me where you get the information of the "P+F buy /sell signals? Many thanks
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
do you have a link for this guy of whom you speak?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Dudes and Lasses( are there any ?)...the link is stockcharts.com ## and then you look at the right hand side for "Public Chart Lists"....and then...click! and Trader Ted is at the top.Adios.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
GLD is looking much better as it appears to have broken out of its down channel.I hope it shoots up for those who are still in it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Russ...GLD can do her funky thing from here,BUT, the weekly Chart gives me pause(for now).I'm hoping for one more down-thrust.I want to get some more below R90...All theory of course.Let's see what Mr Market says.Either way...I'm in.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And as a PS...I see Tim Geithner,US Treasury-Sec, says 11 weeks to go and the DEBT-CEILING LIMIT has to be raised...uh,again.So, here comes that QE hose from Uncle Ben.Which means we could even see the Rand/$ head for 6 to 1( algorhythms and mad hedge fund money buying, meet.)##USD-ZAR:That Weekly Bollinger Band sees Price pressing down since 6 August.A lot of hot-hot going on.Below 6.47 to the $ and 6 here we come.We had a 6.57 low last week.Of course, the MACD is seeing MASSIVE positive divergence = that elastic band can snap right back and the Rand is back to 7.21 ###Yeah,stuff is near Resistance.SPX at 1300 signified a massive SUPPLY signal, last time it was there.Not long to go now.I'm watching the $VIX.Always an 'ole reliable' when extremes are nearing.Blah,blah,blah.....
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Rand can dance with both Marx and Unc.Sam (even at the same time) and now through a wider gate. Perhaps best to use the chaos theory chart. Meanwhile the workers are back and are clearing the blocked commodity drains. Normal hair cutting and dish washing will resume shortly.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yup, Fred....it's pretty foggy round my Tugboat as at.
0 Kudos