Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

World Cup 2014 Fever

Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
And your prediction? Please don't say England.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Italy or France... But i do prefer Italy
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
My guess is a South American team, been to 3 World cups, Argentina 1978, Italy 1990, and of course RSA 2010. Also went to Euro in Switzerland. The one in Argentina was great as our currency was so strong, as a young guy in his 20's on felt like a millionaire there. You could invest money and get 4 to 5% for a week due to their inflation rate.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Imagine Argentina winning the World Cup in Brazil, Pele would went himself and Maradona would declare himself the greatest player ever, lol
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
And we ruling out Spain and Germany.....two best teams in the world at the moment???
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Although Spain's star is fading, in competitions like this, the cream always rises to the top, so I think it will be won by a previous winner. They have the pedigree and more importantly BMT>
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
ENGLAND: Why? Austria first won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1966. England first won the World Cup in 1966. Austria won the Eurovision Song Contest for the second time in 2014. I'm just not sure if the England squad will have to wear dresses.
0 Kudos