Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Worried!

Quakedog
Super Contributor
I am worried about how high the stocks all are. If you look at how high all the major indicies are, its quite scary! NASDAQ,SP500 AND DJONES. They are all extremely high. I am scarred but I am still in and hoping it still pushes higher. Cant get out because we going higher!!! Flip man! Tick Tock Tick Tock we are higher but still worried!!
0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
Ninja
Super Contributor
qdog.....no need to be worried......you got your stop strategy in place......trade the price till you get out, but dont stress it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, if you believe in head & shoulders formations, then if we break resistance today - and we should, I think, then you will be looking at another 2000pt potential upside on the top40 index. If you are trading, and want to wait for a pullback, then what are you going to do if it doesn't happen? Best do as Ninja says, and trade it until the momentum runs out. If you are investing, well that all depends on your strategy, but there are still plenty of undervalued stocks out there - GND for one, the entire construction sector (although I would tread cautiously there), and pretty much the entire small cap sector, with the exception of a few speculative stocks. Fear of high prices is illogical - I think Simon even had a term for it. I know Buffet says be greedy when everybody else is fearful, but I don't think he has ever been credited with stating the opposite - I mean, he never sells, right?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Howcome 2k, Skaaptjop? Is that just a random number plucked out of a hat, or what? My own was 1k up, so just wondering :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
conventional H&S target is the hight of the head from the breakout line becomes the target - since the inverted head was 200pts off where we are now (1860, to be more exact) - that becomes the target up. Note, however that we are still struggling to break through.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
depends on which shoulder- look TO LEFT of head, 2 shoulders at diferent heights and inclinations. First shoulder has bigger volume, so projection possibly closer to 2000 if breaks thru resistance on the right....
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Bulls climb a wall of worry - As Ninja mentioned, add a trailing stop and forget about the daily noise.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Our market is doing that thing of pre-empting the US drop. On Tuesday it was shaky, today it's dropped. I shorted earlier, but I'm happier to bank it than to faff around.

There could still be legs in the US market, dragging us up, but the only way I see a lot of upside locally is if the US has multiple up days from here into next week. I'll be selling the bounces.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is anyone thinking sell in May and go away??? muhahahahahahahaha
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Another thing that amazes me is to see Gold shooting through 1520 overnight (Ok.. Rand hits highs but still we are over 10,000 R/gold) yet the likes of ANG, HAR, GFI down more then 3%. All I can say is good entry levels for Gold come 2-3 weeks time.
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
Snap1 - why do you say that about gold?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am been watching Harmony dropping 100 as well as that huge gap from 88 to 92 while drooling
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
Well, what can i say - SNAP?. Harmony is my choice as well but i wonder if we'll get it much cheaper. Perhaps if the Rand strengthens more.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It has a PE of around 190, a div yield of 0.5% and a net profit margin of around 7%. It returns 2.9% on capital employed - yip, sounds fantastically cheap - where do I sign up?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Dinosaurs and SA gold mines are coupled on the tote.They are history.
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
ninja / tjopies a question about an IG UK acc. they say you do not have to go via the reseve bank to open an U.K. acc. you can transfere money with a credit card. your UK acc. will be in pounds. do thye convert your pounds in to US dollers before you can take a contract on the DOW. ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
just a point .. that is in breach of the SARB regulations .. you need approval to move money off shore, sure you can go the CC route, but it is illegal and one day may become an issue (like getting the money back) ..
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
thanks SIMON, do you know if they convert your pounds into dollars, or do they convert the margin requiermant amount into pounds. ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no idea, I haven't used IG since about 2004 ..
0 Kudos