Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Worth a go?

cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
Anyone think Telkoms worth a go at these levels.I was watching summit the other night and they had a technical analyst on and he said that just the copper that telkom owns is worth R70 per share and that all bad news has been factored in??? but the price keeps on going down....
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
sponono
Super Contributor
TV talking heads very dangerous lot.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Telkom is not a copper mine. The assets in the ground are only a benefit to the copper thieves. Their buried assets add no value to the business. And that business above ground is not looking good going forward. IMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
On its own, I would say that Telkom is not my cup of tea. I think it has potential, it has wonderful assets, and a great strategic position, but a key compnnnonent of any investment strategy is management, and here Telkom has come short time and time again. Couple with this, that Telkom is pratically managed by the state (read meddled with) makes for an even worse scenario. However, there is a lot of speculative talk about Telkom delisting, and the state taking greater managerial control, a rumour as to why the KT deal fell through - this could be a good thing for shareholders, depending on the buyback option.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Fundamentals and technicals all point in one direction-South. Main s/holder will not allow a meaningful technical partnership which TKG sorely needs. Sooner than later, this share will be below R1.00, govt. will mop up cheaply and you will be investing in the same company but in a different manner - via your taxes.Viva!
0 Kudos
MMBZY
Occasional Contributor
So says Warren Buffet Lmao!!!! nc nc nc
0 Kudos