Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Worth testing the waters...?

kwagga
Super Contributor
I took a small position on this. For one SBK, has a new update on this share with a target of R13. Now, I'm not one for targets recommended by SBK, but this thing is trading 50% below that target. That is a huge gap for a company that seems to be doing things right in a troubled pgm metals market. Everytime a tier 1 company run into major problems, the Tier 2 shares gets punished. I'm starting to believe that, that punishment is starting to present some opportunities too good to pass. omo
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
kawcha
Contributor
But it seems there is no fundatmental evidence to support the uptrend on this sector. Based on the latest SA mining news, especially on platium, it does not seem to look good. Feels like it is either getting worse, or it has not got better yet. If everyone bases on the fact that the share went down 50%, therefore it is a discount, the price wouldn't be trading at this current level. There is probably more easy money to get than buying an uncertain downtrend stock.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so you not for targets unless they confirm your bias ??
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The answer is yes, but I did mention it's a small position. Let's call this a gamble and not a trade/investment.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, he did say " but we need a sign from the suckers on the street"..now thats idiotic(eh, is that a second mention today?). Lets see what Skapie comes up with regarding this new type of investing
0 Kudos