Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Woth it for the medium term?

MarkD
Contributor
Hi - I've been learning the ropes of investing in stocks for the last 2 or so years now, and in that time I have made some absolutely shocking deals. Thankfully over the last year or so my methods seem to be improving and things are looking quite healthy currerntly. I'm eyeing up AVI for an investment for the next 3 or so years and thought I would ask what other peoples opinion on this share are?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
If in doubt - don't. You don't really know a share until you have bought it - so start small & add as you see pull backs. If you have been watching this share for a while, I would have thought you would have bought mid August. Suggest you open a seperate watch list and set the Tracker start price as the price you would have paid if you bought the share now. Then watch as the Tracker records your theoritical profit or loss.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
Looks a solid share over the last 10 years increased div and capital growth-a good pick.My only concern that I have is it's pe is 14 plus-I prefer 10 and it's div is under 4% I prefer 5%.So it's a little pricy but for a quality share that should not put you off.I am not convinced market is going to do great over next 3 years-the easy money was made in the last 18 months.
0 Kudos
MarkD
Contributor
yeah its only been in my watchlist for a short while now. It will stay there for a while longer though, but not too long. Kept Capitec in my watchlist for a long time, and I think i may have missed the boat on that one...thanks for the feedback.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi MArk D, I also have Capitec on my list. Each time it hits new high, I say thatsw the end .. it cant go higher, and the next week Capitec proves my wrong agn.. and so it just keeps on going higer each week. For info, they have opens 21 new brances recently and their target is 52 ..so there's still a lot of growth coming . They are also very aggresive in the rual towns and lots of farming folk are moving their bucks there doe to lower fees.
0 Kudos