Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Wow! now that is quite a gap

john_1
Super Contributor
Lets see if we get to close it. I have noted that that we have had a large number of cap close failures over the last couple of week and almost all of them have been gap ups..as the bears use any low as a chance to exit driving the price back up.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
john_1
Super Contributor
Looks like the moment the price drops a new idiot covers
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ya looks like the money is in making the bears feel a little pain..
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Shorts starting to get a squeezed.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, mind if I ask a bit of advice? What will you use as an indicator to enter a short on a gap close expectation. Do you use any index movement on the FTSE, pivot points, or anything like that?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I use the price..as its a gap..so under normal circumstance I would have gone short at 16860 = 10 points lower than our pre cash market low..as in my earlier post today I used the lows as entries.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I recon you might want to close your shorts if you have not done so already..the more covering the better for me!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I recon you might want to close your shorts if you have not done so already..the more covering the better for me!
0 Kudos