Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Wow

Yakah
Contributor
Nice PE (vs. Naspers @ 54!!! - Maddness of crowds), good growth projects,Prudential has taken a massive part of supply off the market, technically the are looking good, seems like a good long term investment.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
U-Dog
Contributor
I took a medium to long-term position in this one about a week or so back. I really like the look of it in a sector where there isn't much to write home about. Good net debt and PE position and excellent growth track record
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
mmmm interesting comparison. If you'd bought PAN a year ago, you'd be down a few cents. If you had bought Naspers you'd be up 70%.
0 Kudos
U-Dog
Contributor
0 Kudos
Yakah
Contributor
What a silly comment.The conversation is not about a year ago. You are more than welcome to buy NPN at the current level - I'll stick with sensibility.
0 Kudos
Yakah
Contributor
I have been accumulating for a while now and my bag has got a reasonable lot in it. I'll sell them to the NPN owners in a while...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I like gold for it's short term spikes and volatility, but long term investment is something completely different. You wouldn't catch me dead holding a gold share for a long term 10 years + investment.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not sure comparing NPN and PAN is not silly .. kinda like apples and burgers ??
0 Kudos
U-Dog
Contributor
That's a very fair comment and I must admit this is a first for me. Mind you my investment checklist filters out pretty much most share in this sector but for a variety of reasons this one seems to tick all the boxes, I suspect there's an element of growth to maturity which could be behind this. I also doubt it's a lifetime investment but at the moment, my feeling is there is significant upside to be realized over a period which isn't short term
0 Kudos
Not applicable
more like trying to compare your grandma's jewelry to the internet
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Best bet then would be Newgold EFT. No labour, government, management issues and the upside, if gold goes parabolic would be great without as much risk.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Finbond guys are awaiting your feedback on their thread ..lol
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Ignorance is bliss. The expectation on FGL is mind boggling. It's worth 50c - That's it. Micro loans in this country is on a huge collision course. I really feel for the guys that buys at these levels. No envy from this side. Good to those that made money, but the party will end some time or another. On it's way to at PE of 85. Talk about high expectations.
0 Kudos
Yakah
Contributor
Ja, nothing wrong with spreading the risk and adding some to your portfolio.
0 Kudos
Yakah
Contributor
No harm meant and no offence taken:)
0 Kudos
Yakah
Contributor
Agreed - simple valuations tell you that something is overpriced and it truly is.
0 Kudos
Yakah
Contributor
Don't know much about investing in apples and burgers.
0 Kudos
Yakah
Contributor
Your grandma or my grandma? :)
0 Kudos