Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

YTD Returns on Portfolios

Werner_1
Super Contributor
It would be interesting to see the total portfolio return from the forumites portfolios since 01 Jan 2009. If we can indicate if the portfolio is long term or short term it would be interesting to see how we fared...
0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
Not applicable
i think it a good idea.that will be a good indicator to the rest of us if we doing ok or need to change our strategy.i have only been trading for 3months and paid some initial school fees but at the moment im all square
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Werner if you are measuring a 9 month perroid its short term no matter what..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'll tell you, Werner - on 31 Dec 08 I was 14.5% down, and right now I'm .5% down, and it's a long term portfolio.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
since 01 Jan 2009 my portfolio is 23.4% higher - also only long term portfolio.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I think you dont understand my question, i am asking what everyones growth (profit/loss) is since the start of the year, either in their trading (short term) or long term portfolios. obviously i know that 1 year is very short term but thats got nothing to do with the question. its just interesting to see how we fared during this year.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
seems like we all made some good long term portfolio moves... if you want to join our small long term forum email me - [email protected]
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
-11.7% (2008); +27% YTD
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
not bad! well done... Is it just me or does the traders not want to share their YTD performance?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Surely yours and Topguns competition will be the place to start,some i held are not winners but not looking too bad.By the way i have a watchlist of then top forty shares cant remember dates right now of approx two years ago,only SAB,FOS and the golds have reached above their former highs of that date.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Well I'm a trader. I have only kept accurate figures since 1st May though when SARS told me 'You are a trader." I am up 19.7% on bid price. I always work on bid rather than ruling.
0 Kudos
EkisDoep
Frequent Contributor
Since Feb. 2009 up 20%. Mostly long term , penny shares but also bought some Newgold which are the big portfolio spoiler currently. But struggling with ZARU$ CF. It is a challenge for me, but perhaps I should drop it!
0 Kudos
DA
Contributor
23.6% overall. About 3% in warrants account, 6% in SSF account and 91% long term, ie shares.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Since January up 200% - trader in ssfs
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I sold most of my equities and bought a house. What I left behind is up 45%
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Sorry that was from 1 March from 1 January up 86% on portfolio balance
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Just over 100% so far GFI(long), WEZ and MTX made me very happy this year
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Great stuff!!! Obviously u not part of the Lazy Followers!! ;)
0 Kudos
ws
Frequent Contributor
Up 112% on portfolio value, 60% is sitting in shares to be held for a longer term and the balance is used for ssf's.
0 Kudos