Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

YTD Returns on Portfolios

divz
Super Contributor
Naah just keep it simple haha!!
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
Up only 10% so far with what i have bought and sold 20% if i include the shares I have currently I only trade shares and 10% of my portfolio in Installments
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi there Werner, at 31st Dec I was -8%, now sitting at +23% (both excl divs received). I sold off a couple of stocks in May & again in July, locking in a avg of 25% profit excl divs on those trades. I had a business that needed funding at a pref share interest rate of 15%.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
sounds good. it seems like this year's been a bit better for the forum as last year was. i am very glad to see that! well done to all on your returns!
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Up about 20% to date including divs. Not great, but some of the choices have suffered. I am sure most good traders will be much better off compared to the long term portfolios. There is no way the two can compete in the short term. I wouldnt want to be an unsuccessful trader though. Most of my choices are long term in that I have held for a while, and aim to hold longer. I'm in mainly for the dividend that I'll recieve when I am 50. Which then leaves me 10 good years to travel the world running exotic and hard trail runs.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So then the Augrabies Extreme is too tame for you?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Looking after ex wife's long term portfolio up 32% mainly due to the fact that it started year with approx 50% cash, and invested in MET,OML,MPC,NED & BIL during april & may.My investment portfolio (only buy & keep,never sell), 23% as was fully invested in stocks.My trading portfolio up 28%, and the star, my ssf portfolio 313% with thanks mainly to my annual holiday on the Riviera in july when i didn't trade and the shares ran, if I was in RSA I'm sure I'd have taken profits too early,I went long on OML,FSR,MET and recent GND shorts, being main contributers.And finally my portfolio on OST where I'm in partnership and been running for 5 months,23%.Been a good year so far, the easy money has been made.Lets make sure we hold on to it and not be too greedy, would be happy to add another 3 to 5% before year end.That would more than make up for last year's smack
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
Trading up 22.2% since 1 Jan, or 1.6 x the ALSI. In my first year of active trading equities only.
0 Kudos