Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Yahoo winner

hobo
Contributor
I just got emailed saying I have won 320000 pounds... What are they after? They want your name, address, sex age occupation etc. Is this an attempt at identity theft??
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
attackcat
Contributor
I've won a million euros on two separate occasions - both times in lotteries that I didn't enter - aren't we the lucky ones!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Send all the info they want to me, and I'll find out for you: [email protected]
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Once you've given that then they will ask for your banking details to deposit the money - and thats when things get interesting!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
YAY! I won a lottery I didn't enter. They still harass me daily to remind me that this is the last time they will contact me to confirm my details to claim my prize (and part of the details entails depositing a 'relatively' small fee into a bank account - for administrative expenses. I tried to e-mail the address they have in their agreement/mandate and I have yet to hear from an actual person. Until the day I hear of a person who actually got PAID in one of these lotto's - I continue to press delete.
0 Kudos