Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Year end markets

Not applicable
Guys, in the forums opinion when would the "normal" market conditions start winding down over the year end period. I define normal as the big guys not yet on holiday etc. Beyond this time I guess the market could be volatile on lower volumes etc so does make trading a little more interesting....Also when does the market "officially" close for the feastive season if at all?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
doesn;t close .. just half days on 24 and 31 .. an volumes drop off, but so does volatility ..
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I make a point of not streaming from about the 15th. to about the 1st working monday of the year. Good idea to put in that month order for an absolute bargain.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thats what I was thinking, always someone that is so desperate for cash they give shares away and I cannot loose anything anyway if I dont get it.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Don't expect bargains between the 15th and 1st. My general experience is that markets generally rise more in that period on thin volume that you would expect.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos