Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

You Gotaa Love This share....................................

Electrox
Super Contributor
Thats Electroluxury... Unfortunaltey Im short.. Logic says go long since we making new high right? I do the opposite now..
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Barnard sounds like you got some tips from that froggy trader from the bank in Paris.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
So should we go long,, damn i'm also on the wrong side
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
1169 Dont chop and change position based on this forums opinion, stick to ur stradegy and have your stops in place before u in the game.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I lost half my equity from chopping and changing with IMP all in 2 days. if I had stuck with any one of about 5 positions I took. within 2 weeks I could have made profit from each of them whether or not I was long or short. due to its vollatilty you have to have wider stops I think as one gets stopped out only to have share come back where it would have one a profit. I am sticking short!!!!
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
That's why i have been loosing alot , going to keep stop losses and stick to them from now on, still short putting in a stop loss now
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Barnard ive had the same problem got out to quicly only to see it come back have taken a huge beating over the last 2 weeks also because of swapping positions too often.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
if there 1 thing I learnt from trading. Its having a stradegy with PATIENCE!! many a time it was the patience side that made me loose and not my stradegy. Choping and changing is blady disatrous. but I think if things go good after today, we might test that 272-275 level again before a pull back
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Southpaw
Contributor
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
I think its going to go like your name , all the way south
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Could be a good time to add more to your short position, but if we close above R271 I'd be worried im on the wrong side for the short term.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Burning here, stop loss at R275.00 , is this thing going down or what , as soon as the stop loss kicks in the price will drop
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
What's your view on this one Mkadir? still going to go up or is it going come back down , what is it's resistance ,,, i need to learn all this stuff
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i am sitting tight and waiting for it to head south . Sould have waited till 270 ish to short as was pretty sure it would get up here. Where the electricity cuts when you need them!!!
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Same here , what did you short at Barnard
0 Kudos
Not applicable
shorted at 267, hopefully it is all down from the levels it is at now!!! a small intrest rate hike today wouldn't hurt either!
0 Kudos