Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

You may say I'm a dreamer...

eddy66
Super Contributor
What I wanna know is,am I the only one.I'm short on AGL.Yes yes yes,no preaching or name calling,all I wanna know is,am the only one?
0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sad is being a bear in a bull market. The opposite is also true as with old HJ (hope I got his name right) a year ago with his eternally hopeful "Markets will rise today" prayers. BTW, where is HJ these days?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What yr time frame you looking at? If it is short term 5 days or less then you are about 2 days two early, Late tomorrow should give a sell signal but not sure how long it will last though. OBV says collecting shares (bullish), RSI says getting there (bearish), Sto says getting there(bearish), volume is flattish to down (usually bearish). Next big looking glass is now sitting at resistance from 5 november 2008. If it punches through this the leg up is to 281 then 350. So Eddie you are taking a rather risky trade at the mo. Keep them stops very tight for a change. ;-) Short term weakness/consolidation expected but dont count on it.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Eddy..10% of the money makes 90% of the Money...so to answer your question..about 90% them are in the same position as you are...
0 Kudos
JPDR1
Contributor
Think you are on a small island with nobody to talk to....
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Thanks for your input JD!! The Island can't be that small if I've got internet access!
0 Kudos
Trying
Contributor
I agree with CPS . If it breaks through today , we could easily see 28500c in the short term . The ***** think about AGL is that it drops as fast as it runs - Keep stop losses in place , But I would suggest long on AGL !
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
Im in there with you not enjoying it though
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ANGLO AGL 26090c +4.5% 03 Aug 13:23
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Broken through long term resistance....get out!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
no no you always wait for the close, breaking through is all well and dandy but you always work on the closing price.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Now that really depends on your trading timeframe. an intra day trader can loose out on a trade in 3 minutes or less so even a breakout for 15 minutes means a huge thing to a day trader. You obviously took Yanatans model to literally. ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Its often big moves like these that entice you to enter the markets, but its often big moves like these that crush you to bits when you do Wow DRD !!
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
IMO this market is breaking through resistance levels all round, the S&P and the DOW are looking very strong. If you are in shortI would think very seriously about cutting losses. IMO, AGL has to retrace over R10 to close below resistance with the Alsi up over 2% and the resi flying its not going to do that.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
For what it is worth Eddie, I will share my trading strategy with you, if it helps. AGL formed an ascending triangle, since Jan 09 with volumes getting progressively less up til now. These are usually bullish, but you could view the 2500 level as resistance and trade it short. A breakout like today needs to be off the back of good volume, which is not really the case today, but we will see. The 3 scenarios i see are 1) this is a fake out meaning it will pull back, in which case I might be tempted to short on a close below EMA(22) - however I only do that if the close = low and subsequent day moves 50pts down 2) It rallies from here 3) it rallies a bit and then pulls back - in which case the 2500 becomes support. Personally, I am entering the trade tomorrow at open, if close = high and volume picks up. I find it better to ride out the pullback rather than risk it not pulling back at all.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Eddy, toss the shorts for a while. This market is all over the place. Try to take bets you're very sure of. If you're not sure, don't bet - wait.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Late tomorrow... crystal ball stuff
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Would I be giving away my age if I called you reginald?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skaap...Sorry no reginald in da house but can call me Peter though. C-P(eter)-S. ;-)

RSI setting up for a sell like I said. Only ROM and Sto to follow later today. MACD overbought and OBV at peak. With all that said a share can have a signal but still trade sideways/up for quite a while so watch your stops....

BTW I HAVE NEVER TRADED AGL THOUGH. Once I traded it paper for Skaaps post a few weeks ago when it was sitting at 190 odd and I jumped out with a paper profit of over 15% in 5 days.
0 Kudos