Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Your biggest loss

Not applicable
Cos it would be too silly for a real name?
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
I dont know Brazen and super ego?
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Why hide under a false alias.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
False alias? Not to be a pedant or anything.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Flase alias, kindof like the "real truth"?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
If there's a pedant on the forum I'd better get my kids inside.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Shooo you guys are so cool..... Maybe try mixit or facebook.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Shame i think you were picked on at school bro.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Super was home schooled. But you're right, his mom was quite mean.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Brazen was always terrified sneaking into my room
0 Kudos
Not applicable
..anyway, back to the original subject under discussion. SATRIX DIVI INSTALLMENT (STDSTA). Biggest loss so far, down ~50% (55c -->28c) since early December. Trouble is that that the basket constituents seem to be all the shares that have not recovered very well...it was an investement buy, but at the moment it has got a lot of work to do to break-even before it starts earning again. Aye!
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Why - didn't she wanna get caught borrowing your lipstick n stuff?
0 Kudos
BusyBee
Contributor
ABK. Silly me, still holding on ... hope this will pick up closer to 2010. Purchase was more for the long run.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oh, for the old days.. Me with my lipstick, B strapon adorned, Chartboy threatening a double douche. alas...
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
Shaun, maybe i read you sentence incorrectly but it seems like it was not a loss for you - clever chap, no loses so far, huh?
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
I lost so much it embarrasses me to say and nearly put me in a very difficult position. But I needed the pain to learn I never stop now, read read read all the time. I will never take a loss like that again. Most traders blow their first account within a year no matter how big it is. Now to answer the question lets just say enough to buy a good size house(yup still feel embarressed) yes with a pool.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
My biggest lost when i bought a brand new pair of sock from Truworth, yea , i was so excited. So that faithful day, i summon up all my pride and admiration to put this pair of sock on.It was then that i realised it had a massive hole and my toe was sticking out. Guys , i am still depressed from that sock shopping...(sob)
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Lost abit with Vox but there was a goood leason to be learnt from that. I see losses as almost a fee for learning if you understand afterwards what went wrong. So having finally finished studying and paying UNISA and Saica a good wack of cash, a loss here and there for learning is not to bad.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Q for shaun. If an asset has a residual value of R100 after its useful life , and deffered tax MUST be raised, do you raised Deffered tax on 1. Intention to recover cost through use. 2. Intention to recover cost thru sale Remember whatever your answer is, there is different def tax implication Come on bright spark, i personally feel that you can get this right...please provide reason.. It will be there in 2008 board exam
0 Kudos