Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ZAR-JPY

Not applicable
Weekly:Now tapping the Downtrend Line,operative since 16Apr2006.##..the Yen should strengthen from this point.
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
CE
Super Contributor
Zarpie, I actually understood this one !!
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
(the last part)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
....I'm working at it....the TOP 40 is having a lovely Summer farewell.But dem Yenners are looking at exits now...or the Yen-carry is just an urban myth.The 20-and-30-wk MA Monster is showing solid resistance to Rand-strength as it holds the Price-action in its sideways jaws....Waiting to exhale,etc.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Ok, you just forcked it up again !!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
On the ZAR-GBP Weekly one can see it clearly.From 17Aug2006 till now a Triangle has formed.Last time the price penetrated the Triangle lower it = imminent reversal...and this time it's even deeper than 23Feb2007...mania in full swing !Party on !
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Penetration ? Where is the party bro ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The Big 3 - AGL and AMS and BIL show little volumes compared to yesterday,or maybe the USA open will signal more later on.Intriguing stuff,greed..##...The China 'inhouse' Indexes : the Shenghzen and Shanghai are on their 9th record day in a row.Retail investors, the driving force =The little guys getting it where it hurts most,at the Top....or business as usual,for the Insiders as they unload their stock.Now watch them Short the Crowd,heh.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
zarp, numbers from UK and US show that the small retail investors haven't even began to enter this bull run (remembering of course that the US and too a lesser degree UK have not been storming ahead for much). Current levels of new retail investors are tiny compared with previous bull markets. So maybe the retail investor isn't coming to this party, or the bull still has lots and lots of legs? or of course maybe something else entirely...
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
There is no party, CE. He plays by himself so much that there is a triangle forming in his shorts.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Zarpie, can we make this easy, just gooi the share / warrant code and put BUY next to it. (if you put : go long or go short, I will also understand)
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Simon, are you trying to say our Zarpie is not talking the truth here or what ?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Zarpian computers are MUCH more advanced than the one's we are using. So, Simon, check again please.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SimonPB : agreed on US and UK...but in China,a little different.Earlier in 2007,China leaders warned about irrational exuberance/Markets and a little later the State-owned Majors got the Institutional Red button Order and ...Index 10% down in 24 hours.Just like that....It is a perfect way to shake the USA Indexes again, after that Trade rebuff recently... and plead Plausible Deniability.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I wonder what it is like out there in space ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
zarp, indeed - china be a different beast. But the entire chinese market is different and in truth not as importantl globally as it hsould be considering the size of the chinese economy. persoanlly I don't worry about china so much
0 Kudos
macG
Contributor
ha ha ha
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Zarpie - scare them with a lazer beam from your space ship. (I like you, so please just aim straight bro)
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
This might be the right time to again warn against blindly accepting anyone's advice on this forum. Anyone who follows advice to short this market must be very cautious.You might just,well,come short.I am not saying you can't make money from puts but have said several times that in my opinion the risk-reward ratio is very poor. TOPSBT is a case in point.Down +10% today.omo
0 Kudos