Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ZAR - there it goes the Zuma way

Robbie
Regular Contributor
Are there still anybody who believes that the ZAR is not a reflexion of the "amount of trust" in the country ?
0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
Douw
Frequent Contributor
We know what we know. However reading Zuma articles on the internet, it seems the Americans are less negative than the British. I saw some nasty remarks in the British media.
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Die Britte ken Afrika beter as die yanks !
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
Trust me the Auz/NZ media is making a meal of this one.
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Robbie, ek onthou hoe Lord Soames destyds 'n toekenning gekry het vir die werk wat hy gedoen het om Mugabe aan die bewind te kry. Ek was in Engeland gedurende daardie tyd en die Britse pers kon nie genoeg skryf oor hoe wonderlik dit met Zimbabwe gaan nie. Voorspellings het gedui op die land van melk en heuning. Toe Mandela die leisels hier oor neem, was die Britse pers net so in vervoering. Inteendeel, die hele wereld was in vervoering. Hoekom die Britte nou terugdeins vir Zuma verstaan ek nie juis nie. Is hulle ontnugter of wat?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
deel van hul ontnugtering spruit moontlik uit hul probleme met die multikulturele sameling op eie bodem - ek sien die vredeliewende "bobbies" word binnekort met "taserguns" bewapen gegewe die toenemende geweldadige aard van misdaad in hul land. die britte is inderdaad besig om gekoloniseer te word deur hul voormalige kolonies. nou verander die deuntjie!!
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Topgun. Ja, die Britte het ernstige probleme om hul kultuur van nou af te bewaar. In die volgende paar jare sal die druk vir landsleiers van ander kulture sterk toeneem. Dieselfde geld vir die Amerikaners, verskil is net dat hulle ontnugtering baie groter sal wees.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Interesting to note that our ancestors migrated from Africa about 50000 years ago and colonised the world.We are thus all distant relatives.The differences between all race groups arising from genetic mutations is very insignificant and we have about 99% of our dna in common with all human beings.Make what you want of that!
0 Kudos
gida
Contributor
haha good one Russ... however what has that got to do with todays market? i just cashed in my 35%+ increase on my TOP warrant... am out of the market for today... one thing about money is that whatever colour it is is good!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I have also made a few rands today..It does feel good.
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
It may bo so Russ, but why then do we have affirmative action ?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Gida hints at the answer in the JZ 2009 thread below.A full answer would have to go into the political history of this country.The simple answer:to redress the imbalances of the past.Wow,I'm starting to sound like a liberal when all I actually want is for each person to be treated on merit.If this had been done in the past we would still be able to do it today and wouldn't need AA.
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Sorry Russ, the question came out a bit distorted and sounded like politics. It was not my intention, but the question remains valid. Imbalances of the past refer to different cultures. Affirmative action also refers to different cultures. The idea of common brotherhood between all people on earth is just not realistic. There will always be the one culture opressing the other one.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Agreed.Maybe not a lot of genetic variation in the world but a heck of a lot of cultural variation (arising over the last 50000 years!).
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
once again i repeat with the massive boom in the stock market and the property market, whites have only become richer since 1994, so what do people complain about affirmative action, i bet all those expats are kicking themselves, causes the houses they once owned are now about five times their value
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
once again i repeat with the massive boom in the stock market and the property market, whites have only become richer since 1994, so what do people complain about affirmative action, i bet all those expats are kicking themselves, causes the houses they once owned are now about five times their value
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Schizo, if you reason that way the Zim expats should not only kick themselves, they should pull out all their hair at the same time because the properties they left behind is now worth billions of Zim dollars. How's that ?
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
im sure you dont really care about the people of zim, u jus pissed bob kicked some farmers out of their homes, so what, cause i dont really care bout farmers, oh you ever heard of the group areas act when millions got kicked out of their homes, well now you know what it feels like
0 Kudos