Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Zarp Bear to the power of (-1) = Zarp Bull

Wizard
Super Contributor
As u can see the Bull in the US is running fast and furious and no tax from the third world will stem it down! Zarp, since u missed the opportunity to sell your sbkdbv today and I gave u 10h warning, why not listen now and hedge with a call!
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
Wizard I was wrong when I told this idiot a few weeks ago that it was his last chance to get some money albeit at a huge loss for that stupid trade he made...I was wrong because today was the last chance....at least he is true to his mantra ..."you only make a loss if you sell"...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
O ye of little faith...doth thou not see ?.The trendLeader Index - BANK Index - is now on P&F SELL and Supply(which registered today,heh).....right...now let's see the power of Point and Figure tell its anticipatory tale(unlike the trend-following oscillators with their Squiggles)....And then we shall Zarp this, +1 that,etc.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And just to leave you with this lil thought-for-the-day:Why is it, that the Yen-Carry Trade is still strong on the Kiwi and the Aussie,but not on the Rand ???...i.e Why is there an across-the-board outflow ito Rand vs Dollar/Euro/Pound/...and Yen ?....###Answer: The smart money has been Distributing since 18Apr2007 on the TOPI,and they know the Game is over(eg: BANK Index TrendLeader Sell and Supply signals, active).##...so,unless the Money-flows reverse and correct the Chart-Damage, well....see for yourself at http://aliencharts.4shared.com...EVIDENCE.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And who wants to guess how much the 'TOPI-loving'(Schneeer !) rate-hike gonna be on 6-7 June....heh.....Right, and that's enough Postings for ya,until we meet again...>>>>>Flame-throwers ! Forum-Trolls ! Pink Panthers ! et al...UNITE ! the Zarp-Hunt is on...(such fun)..see ya at the March bottom.Adios.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Zarp, two points:
1. Weekly time decay (theta): ? -23.3%
If you are going to trade without waiting for signals, please find an instrument that does not have the decay issues that warrants have. Waves have linear decay.. CFDs incurr interest on open long positions, but they don't decay, and you should receive interest on open short positions. Sounds better than ~5% per day decay, right?
2. P&F charting- I clearly don't have the depth of understanding you have about this technique, but I have picked this up...
P&F ignores/compresses the time scale in order to filter the chart and give you those nice straight 45 degree lines. So... it stands to reason that you get nice clear signals, but timing might be a bit of an issue? Let me know if my understanding is sound

Actually, there is a third point - putting on a bad trade and then adding repeatedly to a losing position to bring your average cost down is simply bad trading. No other way to descibe it. It's not a strategy, tactics, planned or anything else, it's just bad trading.
If you call it wrong, just get out and wait for a better entry point, or admit you were wrong and move onto the next trade.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Also, this whole idea of a chart being 'anticipatory' is nonsense. Charts tell the present and the past, not the future. The person reading the chart is the 'anticipatory' one. You can see patterns, and get clues from oscillators, divergence etc, but it's quite possible for any of these signals to fail. The reason you need a human with brains behind the charts is so that you can figure out when your idea is working and when it is not. Zarp, I can tell that right now you are riding on blind faith in a technique you have discovered, but you still don't understand the difference between technique and a system. A system would include position sizing and money-management rules, and would have kept from getting into the situation you are currently in with your SBK put. But I'm pretty sure that you will shrug these comments off, and fly that warrant into the ground like an obedient kamikaze pilot. Food for thought - you are SBK's best type of customer - you give them your trading fees, and then the whole value of the warrant too. How do you short a company that has customers like you?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
' How do you short a company that has customers like you?' LOL! Classic Tango. I'm gonna buy SBK shares!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tango : Just because you gave such a lengthy,structured answer...I shall have to retort.(1)I won't explain the P&F thing.Been doing that for weeks.Just watch what happens to the BANK Index.Simple...(2)Yes,yes...the SBKDBV-thing is a monster with a limited life.No dispute there.But why would I sell now, of all times, when the Whole "Vrot" thing is about to Collupse.It would be precisely the WRONG thing to do,at this moment.(3) With all the negative press around about CPIX,Mortgage Advances,Fuel hikes,Strikes,Eskom hikes,RATE-HIKE,blah...it all adds to the downside potential of the Rate-sensitive banks...As Chartits would say : 1-2-3....heh....
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Why don't you wait for it to happen ? Here is mine Zarpie - the world markets will crash some time. In the mean time, until that happens, I have HUGE fun with DB wave calls ! Buy low and sell high.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I agree with CE. You're driven by fear if your main focus is a once in a decade market crash. I can think of better ways to make money than to focus mainly on short selling this market. Zarp - Remember your dooms day $3000 an ounce gold theories and $1000 an ounce at the end of 2006. I think you've got more TA skills than most TA's out there, but your focus is in the wrong direction.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
1) WHEN is the most important question. Anybody can say 'X is going up' or 'Y is going down'.. you can't trade it if you don't know the timing, and your timing sucks. 2) Refer to post above. Disciplined trading (the only kind) would have kept you out of the situation you are in now with your warrants. The question of whether you should sell now or not is irrelevant.. you added to a losing position, and you're getting a textbook illustration of why doubling-down is a big no-no.
0 Kudos