Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Zim - Can we profit as traders?

Marko_1
Contributor
Leave the emotion out of it
Now let's think...
Zim collapse will not happen in the wink of eye, it is behaving as do most economic matters, the downslide starts gradually & then steepens to a cliff-edge.
Refugees will probably stream into SA at an ever increasing rate.
They will have to be fed & sheltered by SA as we are the only neighbour-country capable of doing so : Mozambique? Namibia? Botswana ?
The appeal then goes global for UN assistance
Which companies are tied in with UN supply lines from within SA?
Now we're thinking......
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Wizard
Super Contributor
Buy shares in their mines after they have civil war
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah, i agree - once read a book that said "the best time to buy is when there's blood in the streets"
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Marko, when you say " Zim collapse will not happen in the wink of eye" - which part are you missing bro ?
0 Kudos
gida
Contributor
makro your words were true something like 10 years ago... they say in the eyes of G-d 10000 years can be like a blink of an eye... the blink is over...
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
The chimp will nationalize the mines - his last chance of earning forex now that he has ruined the tobacco industry and other exporters. And he will do this quicker than you can say what happened to the Harare stock exchange.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
My late brother-in-law owned a small gold mine about five years ago and as secondary income graded the locals gold on a tribute basis.One good morning ,he never sure whom,arrived a group of locals saying they taking over the stamp mill.He appealed to the police ,only to be told he better vacate sharply his mine.He moved to Gadoma(town).A month later he received a sharp letter from laywers on behalf of the locals,that the stamp mill had broken down and he better fix it forthwith!The cost of such a fixing was in the region of one milliom Rand and the parts were only available in south Africa.His children still hold title deed to the farms,but now the remainder of his family is in Australia.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes i believe we can profit but then we get hi-jacked as we leave work,is it worth it
0 Kudos