Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Zim

Robbie
Regular Contributor
Any opinions on what scale does the Zim situation contribute to the negativity on our markets ? Any suggestions how to get rid of that baboon across the Limpopo river ?
0 Kudos
52 REPLIES 52
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
with a 0.50cal on a tripod....and a HE tip
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
which one? you have to be more specific.....
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
how about bush and blair for killing 100000 iraqi civilians
0 Kudos
murgs
Contributor
How about the Poms for putting him there in the first place?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
and how many Zimbos have been killed and are starving....but Iraqi lives of course are worth more that African lives...and what happens in the Middle East has more relevance than what happens across our own borders? Viva mad Bob?
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Howzit Topgun, my old friend in the "struggle". It just came to my mind that someone have to convince the USA & UK that there's huge undiscovered oil fields in Zim. Those bliksems don't give a sh=t about stability in Africa. The day is getting closer that they will drink their own medicine.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'd dearly love to hear the Pom govmnt's take on the fact that they eventually managed to bring that country to its knees in '79 and got rid of that racist tyrant Ian Smith. And despite nearly 20 yrs of of isolation, sanctions and international pressure on the country, it was nevertheless prosperous and known as the breadbasket of Africa.
Fast forward 20 years to the present . . . say no more.
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
They wanted "reconcilliation" - something which is a dream in Africa when ex-terrorists are in a ruling position, like onour own soil !
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
the net benefit analysis came out negative? just too many human liabilities? The demographic avalanche that has enveloped Europe (France being the most conspicuous at present) is also evident in the US and on the wet island - watch this space...the wheel is turning, slowly but surely...
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Mugabe is still recognised as the legal leader and government of zim by all western powers, who put him into power in the first place.The capitalists support mugabe , as he makes it easy for them to control a poor country and get their gold for cheap. see www.white-history.com
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Not true --The capitalists ,buisiness leaders etc.have funded old Tsvangarai to stand against and get rid of Mugabe.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
It was actually the Tories (supported by BJ Vorster) who lynched Ian Smith and Rhodesia in 1980. Politicians nowhere ever take any responsibility. Fast forward SA another 10 years....
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
I don't care whether the Ian Smith rule was racist or not - the country was ruled with white brains. Very low unemployment, no food shortage, no massacre, very safe for everybody, huge exports, etc. At a time, the Rhodesian $ was one of the strongest currencies in the world - ever wondered why? Several years ago, there were a protest march in Harare (good old Salisbury) - it were only blacks and several of them had the following on their posters: "Mr. Ian Smith - please come back"
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The country is as good as dead. Mugabe said 'God put me into power'. At some or another stage we might see the reverse here. We might get a leader here in SA that will be saying those things in 20 years time.
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
we already have one = ancyl prez
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
In 20 years time we will have a white government. And hopefully we will have reliable people in government and not traitors like we had since the 80's. By that time, whites would have probably learned the hard way and make sure the proper people get elected.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
JZ is on record as saying that the ANC will rule SA 'till kingdom come...spot the similarities with Zanu-PF...comrades in arms? Democracy is only good as long as you win...
0 Kudos
m9o
Contributor
althou im nt white, i agree that a white prez needs to be elected in S.A, not that im racist, but because they have views on all aspects, not only corruption. it also bothers me as to why does the USA not want zimbabwe, if they wanted they couldve toppled mugabe and been there already.. Zimbabwe got what they want, platinum and many other precious metals
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
White goverment!! :) Not through Shaka Zulu's dead body! The predictions that I heard about a white goverment to come 10 years ago for this period have failed dissmally!
0 Kudos