Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Zuma Presidency

barry_1
Super Contributor
There is a difference between being the ANC leader and South African President.For instance Mbeki can be leader of the ANC again,but as the constitution now stands ,cannot be elected for a third term as President.The thousand "elite" that actually do the election has many Xhosa in its ranks.Of course the leader of the ANC will be able to exert a great deal of pressure upon that decision.The whole process is murky and rather undemocratic,but they are unlikely to inform us of the process to elect their candidate for president.
0 Kudos
Crazy_M
New Contributor
Im sorry but all of you are just talking nonsense, demonstrating little or no knowledge at all about the workings of the country, ANC ,Mr Zuma or even markets themselves (some of your analysis in linking the markets and presidency is shocking to say the least, and that Simon guy, stick to what you here for and work to make this chatroom more interesting). I would therefore propose that you move back your energy to chatting about shares and investment at least you'll have charts and softwares to help you with the analysis there.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
looking at all things there will be a correction in the market due to uncertainty but our young democracy as well as the world will watch what will happen ie what changes are due from his speech etc but with 1st world influence this wont go the zim way cos our ppl are quite quick to voice their right of free speech & protest ?? so it all hinges on who the first world guys back and u know they only back ppl who can put in their pockets - watch out for the americans . chinese, indians,etc bugt if any black leaders come to the party and get the best seats then we f%£$£"%$£"%
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Your responses does not sound like a deomcratic solution...mmmm...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
The fact that the ANC women's league voted support to JZ as president of the ANC is an eye opener - after the shower job it seems Z is particularly in demand amongst the feminine masses.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
If you have nothing to contribute, which you clearly don't, just keep quiet and go play in the corner. now off you go, you crazy monkey thing....no more displaying your superior insight..
0 Kudos
Crazy_M
New Contributor
my point exactly...your response just proves what I raised, little or no content added to the issue at hand...and the results fustration and insults...lets just stick to what we think we know best...share trading...
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
the forum is still awaiting your superior insights....now go on, we can't wait....
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
CrazyM.. by telling everyone they do not know what they are talking about you infer that you have more knowledge on the topic and i am waiting in anticipation for your view on the situation and the effect on the markets after all it is part of fundamental analysis and therefore directly relates to trading. You cannot just call everyone an idiot and then not qualify your statement or give an opinion at least.
0 Kudos
jamoo
Frequent Contributor
calm your nerves guys! zuma's presidency will not shake the market in anyway. everything has been discounted. for your info, kennedy's assasination did not affect the market at all! this is quite crazy, but that's the truth. it is time to look for those bargain shares, don't miss out. ciao
0 Kudos
jamoo
Frequent Contributor
calm your nerves guys! zuma's presidency will not shake the market in anyway. everything has been discounted. for your info, kennedy's assasination did not affect the market at all! this is quite crazy, but that's the truth. it is time to look for those bargain shares, don't miss out. ciao
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree with you Jamoo it could be time for some bargain hunting , As far as the impact on JZ being president i see no difference in the way our country will be governed, Thabo is just waiting for the next station to climb off the gravy train or being thrown off the african way, Jz is also clearly aware that the press will be on him like a pack of starving wolves when he takes office so a lot of pencil sharpening will be taking place to supplement his income. Im glad he has being selected because the poor voters on the street will eventually realize there's no difference between the ANC and the previous goverment. When the lion roars ,the bush becomes silent.A powerful voice makes others listen But to have no enemies is equivalent to wealth.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
What shares are a good insurance, should JZ be nominated? RCh; LBT; AGL; BIL...?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
To all the drama queens,I would say worst case scenario is a cival war as some can only run into the sea.Otherwise time will tell and enjoy today.Logic tells me that we live in Africa so who really knows.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What does the forum think of the rumour/speculation that Tokyo is financing Zuma?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
we all know Zuma can be Bought!
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Well, he must be financed by somebody! Interesting rumour, but has what T to gain? If the rumour is proved correct, ***** will happen?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
What shares are a good insurance, should JZ be nominated? I am holding on to my SBK shares!
0 Kudos