Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Zuma Presidency

dreamgirl
Occasional Contributor
the election of Zuma as president represents a "class war". He appeals to the "poor masses" because they now get to use their power against the so-called elite (both black & white); rich and intellectual minority who seem to seem to benefit from the "new" South Africa while they (the masses) struggle to make ends meet.
0 Kudos
dreamgirl
Occasional Contributor
to get some understanding of the "Zuma-appeal" factor; ask your maid, driver,gardner, cleaner or tea-lady what they think of Zuma. You will be pleasantly/unpleasantly enligtened.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Not to forget the traditional dislike (in the absence of a better euphimism): Xhosa=Mbeki against Zulu=Zuma.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
after the weekends nominations we can be very certain that zuma will win on 20 dec. And the market is ??? positive .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
or is it trying to make money while there is still time?
0 Kudos
prof
Regular Contributor
MABE ITS TIME TO GET INTO RAND HEDGE STOCKS
0 Kudos
dreamgirl
Occasional Contributor
maybe the market is hoping against hope that a compromise candidate might be elected in Polokwane.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
all i can say, is if Zuma win, then all of us can put our head between our leg and kiss our ass (money) goodbye.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
and even if he win .. i can see a renewed interest in legal battle with Uncle Zuma
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Maybe all the market dislikes is uncertanty.
0 Kudos
dreamgirl
Occasional Contributor
who knows he might drop dead before he becomes president.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
john, exactly. The market is hardly a bastion of morals, all it wants is to know what's happening. An my earlier point is all this fear mungering about Zuma, yet basically he has won and the market cares naught, zip, nada, nothing. We need to trade without emotion, trade the cold hard facts = price as it is now.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
nah, i do not wish death to no one ,no matter how impressive or lack thereof ,his profile may be..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is it the zuma "victory" that is causing the all share to plunge?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well only if the market has been asleep (or just doff) for most of the day.
0 Kudos
dreamgirl
Occasional Contributor
I repent no more death wishes; if the market likes him then I like him.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Ramaposa for President!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No Dreambabe.. The market does not like him but every man and his Dog is now trying to think how they can best profit if he is elected. Very diffrent point of view.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
it is actually quite funny how the "strategic imperatives" behind all the shortsighted and narrow BEE deals that enriched 50 families in the ANC and excluded the masses may now come back to haunt white business as the excluded majority elects JZ to claim their share of the largesse. suddenly the future of "free enterprise" and the inclusive democracy in SA might not look so solid after all?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Excellent point, very insightful.
0 Kudos