Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Zuma is a free man!

webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Candidate for Minister of Intelligence...
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Good shape hey Gravy - pvt. sector maybe -- public sector bodies are a shambles,if you had'nt noticed.Manuel's dept. the one exception. Time alone will tell.
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
Honestly, if you guys did not see this coming you are clueless! Take your head out of the models and think about the real world! So what if JZ is "innocent" does it make any differences? KPMG and the various lawyers have made a killing from this, now let the man have this time in the sun!
0 Kudos
mehroon
Frequent Contributor
Zuma is a lesser evil if you think of Verwoerd or Vorster.
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
Errr, as far as I know Zuma isn't being challenged by Verwoerd or Vorster. Yours is a typical example of a brainless PC argument. Are we supposed to be happy with having as the president of our country, a man who was implicated in fraudulent and corrupt activities in no less than the constitutional court, because there were other idiotic politicians in our country in the past? Can't we just have someone who: 1) doesn't believe a shower helps to prevent AIDS, or a woman who wears a skirt wants to have sex, etc, etc 2) hasn't been implicated in fraudulent or corrupt activities by ANY court 3) isn't in bed with organisations such as the youth league and COSATU whose members are downright savage, barbaric and devoid of even a modicum of civilised behaviour?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
So this is what Mr.Bean is suggesting - Help yourself to the bribe money in the arms deal(at the expense of the taxpayer) - when you get caught use the most absurd defence arguments,with the best legal teams money can buy (again at the expense of taxpayers) and walk away a free man,a future President,with miilions to spend. If thats your idea of a fair,well adjusted society and system, no wonder we're in such a mess !!!! It's just that type of attitude and complacency from the public,that got us a president like Zuma. An country with such apathy,wil always get the leaders it deserves !!!!
0 Kudos
mehroon
Frequent Contributor
The ANC enjoys the support of the majority of the citizens of this country. The party has chosen Zuma as their leader. I respect that as legitimate. The Nationalist party did not enjoy the support of the majority. That is why Verwoerd and Vorster and others were not legitimate persons to hold office. This is the comparison - according to my PC mind. Let us not pretend that there was no corruption under white rule.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So should the leader of a party representing the majority of the country be above the law?
0 Kudos
mehroon
Frequent Contributor
No. Has he been tried and found guilty yet?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MY TAX MONEY ?????? ****** THAT !!!
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Those using the comparison to the old Nat.govt. to justify this corrupt,immoral ANC.set up,are blind and blinkered. No they were'nt a legitimate govt.,no we did'nt enjoy a democracy,and that's why they were run right out of town,and rightly so! A long hard battle ensured our new democracy and contitution. If you now attempt to justify the evil deeds of the ANC ,based on what the Nats did,your reasoning is naive.We wanted a legitimate govt.to take us forward,but a govt. that would uphold and respect the constitution,and the letter of the law.As things now stand the ANC is headed down that same path the Nats chose -- abuse of power,no transparency,outright control. Our democracy is under threat (as echoed by Tutu and many black people)and I hope we all recognise it's demise,before it's to late !!!!
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
Mugabe also supposedly had the support of the majority of Zimbabweans. I guess you're fine with his tyranny too, then?
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
Ja now he can stay at the the place him and the shaik bro's bought for 120 mil in ballito o plus 50 mil for renovations
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
Vandag,6 April (Jan van Riebeek) is die begin van die einde vir die ANC. Ek is nie bereid om te glo dat so baie ANC ondersteuners so onnosel is om die bollie te glo en te verdra nie.Wees billik, wat het die ANC vir hulle gedoen? Wie in die senior kaders van die ANC is nie korrup en skelm nie? Gee asb n naamlys van die nie-korruptes, dit is as jy "een" regverdige kan noem . Ek is n "WAM" en ek gaan vir Cope stem. Swart of nie, vir my maak die beginsels saak. Vir jou? Die wederkoms is naby.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What went wrong in ZIM ??? Lets give the people there land that belonged to them ??? Get the whites out ( the people running the country and give it to the them PEOPLE ???? where are the them people ????? where are the people ???? DIEING MY FRIEND !!! 10 B USD now needed to get the place together ????? WHAT NOW ???? WHY ???? WHY ???
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
While he's not been proven guilty, he sure has worked incredibly hard to forego his opportunity to demonstrate innocence. Any innocent person in their right mind, with the legal resources he has, would jump at the chance to finish it in court.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wait wait Hennie. Let me play mickey for a while and try to answer your question on what went wrong in Zim. It's because 90% of the wealth resided in white hands, and the process of transformation was not completed quick enough. You see this kind of answer is an easy way to portray things until all responsibilty have been passed off completely.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Lol...what is that story about being caught in the headlights...and who was it again, a rabbit or an ant?!! Judging from certain comments, some clearly still don't get it...ah, the bliss...but luckily I have a purple passport, for just in case?!
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Darn ! Should have been 100 %
0 Kudos