Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Zuma is a free man!

am_1
Frequent Contributor
Read this and vote on the 22nd: "It allowed the ANC to go from a position of broke in 2004 to possibly the richest party on the continent at the time of the Polokwane conference in 2007 - reported to be worth R1,7 billion (USD$170 million). This was possibly largely thanks to the ANC front company Chancellor House, which benefited from state tenders. It is speculated that the Arms Deal provided another possible source of funding." http://www.issafrica.org/static/templates/tmpl_html.php?node_id=4138&slink_id=7517&slink_type=12&lin...
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Power corrupts - total power corrupts totally !
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
The more I think about it, the more it sickens me. Granted, the NPA manipulated time to amplify the impact of the charges, but how can that be enough merit to completely drop the charges. I am fully aware and support the "innocent until proven guilty"-principle. However, is is merely a technicality in this case. Shaik cannot be guilty with Zuma being innocent. I refuse to be brainwashed by this regime, which is rotten to the core. Zuma is guilty and he knows it. I only hope that this will be a wake-up call for more South-Africans... Please VOTE correctly.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
The only hope for S.A. is that the opposition works through the courts to keep the ANC semi-honest (pah) and keeps them from a 2/3rds majority, and to keep doing that indefinitely. The odds are fantastically stacked in the ANC's favour, especially over the longer term.
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
I am not so sure richard... Unlike other African countries, the media has near free reign, whose influence should not be underestimated. Also, recent statistics actually show the ANC's support declining. I am not saying that they will lose, but they will not be far away from their 2/3rds majority. Time will tell.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
100% Zuma. There is so much expectation from this guy, he will not be able to deliver.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I actually do have a positive possibility as well: it relies on more people entering the middle class. The more people have to lose and the better educated they are, the more they'll demand good governance...over time. With the current situation the ANC is even trying to limit media freedom. And look at the hatchet job the media has done on Zuma, repeatedly and for many years. The effect - while measurable - is only to reduce their majority somewhat.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Grommet-What rubbish and innovation...where did you suck these numbers from?...the SAD SACK comics
0 Kudos
Not applicable
listen to urselves, Zuma wants to remove Trevor Manuel and he'll probably replace hhim with a person subserviant to him.. Zuma is not what the country needs.. my view is that South Africa is in the making of the next Zimbabwe.
0 Kudos