Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

a confluence of events....

Not applicable
so there's two things going on which could see us have a 300 pt or so rally later this pm....FTSE will be dragged across 6500 kicking and screaming...and we have a reverse head and shoulders on the top 40 ....target 28400...note I say may as none of these things have come to pass...
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Not applicable
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
this is were it gets interesting as everybody is talking about this reverse H&S and I always worry when everybody is on the same boat?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I know no one cares but I feel bearish. I also get worried when people use words like confluence.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
dont worry...just trade it...we cannot predict if the boat is too full...just make sure you stand near the liferafts ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
clearly everyone is not on the same boat....u are both living testimony....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah well tis moot, I don't do short term stuff. Just funny that 4 forums are talking about this reverse H&S
0 Kudos
Not applicable
have u been promiscuous again - whoring around the forums?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and so it came to pass...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
And so it did. Showing, yet again, you must never trade feelings. Well, not on the market anyway.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I will trade you 550 fears and for 234 happy fuzzies
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, Brazen I would go even further to say that if you have strong feelings of any kind you shouldnt trade....this is a very important part of trader psychology....what I mean is that you should be in touch with the way you are feeling at any particular point in time and never underestimate how they can obfuscate reality...when you are angry/sad/depressed or whatever it is better to take the time and go for a walk in the forest or whatever....I was once again reminded of the need to do this when my laptop was stolen from my house last week....the next day I traded and I was angry/disorganised ....I started the day with a sense of loss which I wanted to rectify...I wanted the market to make me feel better (give me the money for my new laptop) and all I did was force the trades and guess what...i lost money....when I look at the trades I made it looks like someone else was trading my account that day...your mind is your ultimate tool ....it had to be in the right state...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What i have learnt is that Patience get you winning trades.What looks good today looks even better tomorrow or vice versa.Look at ang,gfi,agl, charts see how long it took for a turn.If you were patient long enough and fast when the turn came you r in the money.I bought sta in all above early yesterday (also a lot of luck)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chartist please explain to me how the overnight trade in the ftse was so negative when the asian session was all green, 25% of the FTSE is Oil ..I just dint get it!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
this is of no significance...just look at the close....they were not all green by the way...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip C, spot on about frame of mind. And I like your thing about getting on the ship but staying near the liferafts. In fact, I think I'm gonna steal it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I forgot to add...you need to be sure they work as well...that ship is still quite close to the shore and you could most probably still get on board with a ferry...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Looks like those boys who don't sleep got it right( ftse)
0 Kudos