Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

adw

prof
Regular Contributor
going like a boing today asylem are you in a better mood i am
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
asylum
Super Contributor
was never in a bad mood got burned on ADW so im outta off it lost 16K on it ah well joys of trading
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
was that on the SSF Asylum? I thought you were cautious about this share?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and now?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yes ssf .cautious i was but had no stop loss thought it would hold up and then crash. morale of the story when playing with fire use water (stop loss) to put it out or get burned.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Jep I agree Asylum, only problem with adw was that ADW had wide spread, so even if u had a tight stop loss, it would have been skipped. I think from now I wont buy SSF on smalls caps with low liquidity. are u using this site to trade SSF's?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry about that loss Asylum, especially as you were the one predicting and sending the warning of the downturn (your post mentioning big gaps between bids and offers). Was your position on the SSF too large for you to add to the margin and take the loss? I think the share will recover, probably even in next few weeks. OMO
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yeah problem i was holding long bil @ R212 was holding long mtn @ 132 and then i averaged down and bought more mtn @ 124, no stop loss in total +- 75K gone walkies oh well ce la vie!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If it makes you feel any better, I crashed out of MTX, GND and SIM with a loss of R50k in the one week. Felt *****!
0 Kudos