Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

alsi 17.11.2010 -wed

poland
Occasional Contributor
7ema below 21ema below 50ema = only shorts and 7ema above 21ema above 50ema = only longs, am i right?
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
just trading MA blindly is not the way to trade, sorry if that sounds arrogant but thats my belief, nothing wrong trading Ma but one needs to take into account when going long or short where the reistance and support levels are, taking a trade on the the ma even with a engulfing candle witout first seeing what the potential profit target is, normally a support or resistance level. Without doing this you take the risk of coming up against resistance in a higher time frame a few points from your entry only to wonder why the trade went against you, of course im talking intraday trading here. But thats just my opinion.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Wouldnt you also have to look at the stochastic and RSI and MACD then?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
if you want, but all indicators are lagging so i dont use them personally, go and study price action and it will change the way you see the market and trade.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Noooooo, not today so far. Simon's system 7/21/15 in idle mode.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes.no.maybe .. only thing I hace used in the last 5 years has been MA's or price only .. nothing else ..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I agree with Simon, MA very powerful way of trading. I however use RSI, MACD and Stochastic to confirm....I am a scalper, support and resistance less of an issue but definately something I am aware of. I trade the 5 min chart in the direction of the 1 hr chart price action relative to 200ma. The simple beauty of trading the rsi rollercoaster in line with trend, BB SD 1 through 3 momo change deliver profits consistently. Biggest challenge is waiting for entry....if you wait for the correct entry both RSI and BB dynamic channel trading nearly always result in $$$$$
0 Kudos