Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

alsi futures up today.

GarethJ
Regular Contributor
The S&P 1040 level has been regarded as the Bull/Bear divide and has been closely watched by every technical trader. The psychological affect of this being shattered today could be huge. Here is a great summary of the situation: http://blog.afraidtotrade.com/writing-the-obituary-for-the-stock-market/
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Just to be contrarian; is there a chance that the Dow is making a quadruple bottom?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
does it means it is definitely going down? and if so, when?
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
only 2 things certain in life
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
The link I posted above gives an excellent technical summary of the two likely (not certain!) outcomes: long way down or massive bounce as shorts run for cover. Interesting end to the week...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
HG: interesting theory. I would still need confirmation though. On 8 June when the DOW bounced off 9757 the RSI and stochastics did a buy divergence. I dont see the divergence this time around though the DOW remains oversold on the RSI. If it did bounce it might find resistance at 10200.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I say quad bottom because I'm counting the fat finger low. What about a triple bottom?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
How are the bears doing today. Still holding shorts?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya ya .. short until stops are hit ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
The DOW is like 0.3% up after a week of losses. Not very confident. Lets see what it does now.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
sounds like a good plan: DISCIPLINE.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err now make that +9 points ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an dow turns red ..
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Now the entire US red... Read a good blog that said NYSE a good gauage of market condition as that is the main machine trading exchange, so less "direct" emotion?
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Right, well, that dude in the small dark room at sbk worked me over again today. Sold Alsi sep-10 x1. Put in a bid for alsi sep-10 x1. Now, this scaly dude sommer put through 2x buys at my bid price, with one bide still in waiting. Computer freezes, as per usual , at crritacal moments. Okay , so I put through my call to call centre , ask the lady to note this discrepancy. No phone call to sort this out, No!. So I take this into my trading strategy and trade around it. Now they nullify that trade!!!! Caveat!!!! These dudes are not your friends, they are here to make MONEY! OFF YOUR SKINNY BONES...
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
I HUMBLY APOLOGISE FOR PREVIOUS RANT.
0 Kudos