Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

alsi futures...

Not applicable
actually thats 10 contracts .....700 pts...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well done mate. Nice trading. That took balls to go with maximum exposure.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it actually takes more balls to tell others what u are doing.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John...that wasn't quite full exposure....you have seen my account...but remember this is just stock in trade....my ambition to to do a 100 contract trade....maybe I will just do it once....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am quitting while ahead....made 50% today on gfi,acl & rch. Tonight's fed meeting just has too many variables especially with wrt the rand. Will reassess in the morning.....must say admire the okes who stay overnight...serious kahunas. Gut however tells me oil/gold will get flattened, fed will sound all rosy and stocks will fly...but tis a chance I ain't willing to take. Adios!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
why only once..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what i meant is I may only do it once....i.e. wipe myself out.....thats ZAR 1000 per point!!!!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I know... its wild the effect of scaling on what we do. I recon 30-50 contracts is optimum. Big enough to buy the house in the south of france small enough to get out of trouble.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is another one of those bounces, but what a brilliant one. Wish i had set my take profits higher, but was pre-occupied with other stuff.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
eish! the DOW just popped up more than 100 pips in under 2 minutes on the open
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
Chartist, on the alsi I got out at the 24200 - 24250 level. Looking at the 5min chart it paused there for about an hour from 10:45. How did you know there was more to come?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ISM out @ 49.5 vs 48.7 expected, this is good if oil could now get to $110 We are going to have a wonderful year end
0 Kudos
Not applicable
JDT...how did I know it would go higher?..well I didnt.....but that kind of momentum it was unlikely to stop at the 23% retracement level...the touches on the question John had re Fibs...he asked what these levels were for...what was their use if one always just used the area between the 50 and 61% levels as a target...well the other levels allow you to make sense of the price action...instead of just thinking the action has stopped you need to view it as a resistance area...it takes some time to get through that level...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
notice how the price action moves through that level and then pulled back to test it...right now as I type this we are smack bang up against the 38.2% level at 24727...thats about 250 pts off my target...set at the lows earlier
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Chartist at what point did you establish that the low was at 23635, and that the price would go up too test the 23.60 level.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
k, i sold out, more than DOUBLED UP from yesterday, great:) no view to sell out of the market,just feeling the usual dissyness
0 Kudos
Not applicable
k, i sold out, more than DOUBLED UP from yesterday, great:) no view to sell out of the market,just feeling the usual dissyness
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
why do my posts always list twice? i am running opera
0 Kudos