Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

alsi

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
US - GDP 2.4%
0 Kudos
Not applicable
est was 2.6
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
previous was adjusted up from 2.7% to 3.7%
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Okay so the GDP is not what they estimated. So what? Get over it. Enough doom and gloom. It is something to fix so let's get cracking and build the economy. Mr Pavlofs Dog (Pravin Gordhan)lower the taxes, lower the interest rate so we can have more free cash to buy things that will lead to more factories and that will lead to more jobs and bob' your uncle, the world can get back to being a better place.
0 Kudos
Levitt
Regular Contributor
But how will we support the free loaders if we lower taxes?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
More factories mean more jobs. More jobs lead to more taxpayers and the tax burden get's spread around instead of a small group carrying it all. Every country has free loaders, but when you create more jobs, the amount of freeloaders should decrease as they have no reason for not getting a job.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The gap is closing - targets? coz I don't want to be holing over the weekend.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Are u short or long,because i think next move is down now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm still long from 25020
0 Kudos
Not applicable
now this is what i call a Friday afternoon late run - we back above 25200
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Gap today.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah :p
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Any ideal on how far down it'll go? You going long after that?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I sold my long this morning with a nice profit. I don't know, but it's going to be a big day up...short might be tempting later ? I got back increased my gold positions... so will see how the day goes.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I sold my long this morning with a nice profit. I don't know, but it's going to be a big day up...short might be tempting later ? I increased my gold positions... so will see how the day goes.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I dunno people - this gap up is still climbing! U supposed to enter the short when the price drops below the opening price of gap up. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ftse is up 2% - We have resistance about 25650... Therefore, I wouldn't short yet. Dow futures are up over 1% - should test 106 today.. will it break or will we come down... that is the question ?
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
I have pain First loss in long time R 30 000 Ok today recovered R 13 000 but My trading Method has gone from swing trading to day trading this market is unbelievable if you on the right side of the trade you make it big otherwise you burn .These moves are rediculous .But is fun . so its down to day trading for now on the 30 minute
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Wake Up!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There is big money to be made and lots to be lost if you play with highly geared instruments! Fun is an understatement. I am loving this market. I definitely want to maximize my gains right now as this is the volatile time when we take off and move upwards for a next month or 2. Everyone is calling a quiet fourth quarter. Imo I agree with this as we shoot up for the next couple weeks and then go down/eastwards into the fourth quarter and rest of the year.
0 Kudos