Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

alsi

orange68
Super Contributor
down we go
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
turning out to be a pancake day...
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
yup lookin to close that gap i talked about....that's why its always good to take profit before a major data release - US unemployment figures at 15h30 is what we are waiting for
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
there we go gap closed as i speak....
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
41660 the next short entry
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
you waiting for 15.30 to take profits...looks like toast now!My call was 500 for the long...we just got close to 700...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
that was a fast 200 point profit for a lazy system...
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
see my comment earlier... Re:alsi by Bentley on 07 Nov 10:41 i wud wait for that gap to close at 570...which is why profit was taken on (short term) buying candle at 350 Rams I have a problem....you said u went short at 434..how can you be long?
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
Kaboom.... that was the sound of the short stops falling !
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
Re:alsi by Rams on 07 Nov 10:38 41434.....for the short How can you be long if this is where you went short?
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
yes 41660 was also an excellent place to short..it was inevitable that the gap would close...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
got stopped out of the short...
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
ah ok...understand
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
i understand now from your previous post ...as you say u were stopped. Amazing how those gaps work. I have learn t from experience that there is almost always a reason they are created
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
stop was moved to breakeven when we reached LOD...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an then the ECB cut rates ..
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
but i am still a bit confused. How could you be claim to have made a call long to 500 while you were went short at 434? An why would you not have made the call to at least the gap close of 570?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, and that the news i was waiting for...not that i trade the news...alwyas the chart, this business of mixing news with chart can be costly...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Mark, you been away too long, that how we trade the ALSI, we look at levels, we short at the bottom, and go long at the top. If I am stopped out and market moving in opposite direction, then i go long..we been very accurate with this style...lazy system...we wait , then enter....never , never will the lazy system allow you to enter at the top or the bottom...you are agressive with news and gaps and all that, thats your style and congrats to you for making it work for you...
0 Kudos
Bentley
Frequent Contributor
this is where you simply trade your strategy (for data releases its the 123 strategy) If anything I take a contrarian position ...hence the short at 41660 with a stop just above the huge distribution bar created. Lets see
0 Kudos