Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

alsi

orange68
Super Contributor
anybody know what happened this morning to the alsi/safex? or rather why did it happen?
0 Kudos
66 REPLIES 66
Rams
Super Contributor
seems like an "issue" according to homepage, ....maybe safex got tired of the pancakes? ...anyway not trading until later...
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
hope so...maybe we will get some movement later today
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Technical issue at the JSE
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
i guess they craving more pancakes
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
out at 41095...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
US clocks changed...open now at 16.30...so more time for pancakes?
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
i didnt know that i was waiting at half 3 then somebody told me... anyway nice morning got my first 100 pts but i have a feeling these moves are getting less and less....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
my stop not moved into profit yet...and finally a bit of movement
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
to the downside , amigo?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
that move just put my stop into profit...if you following the FTSE, well, they going down big time, and we just went up...so maybe more pancakes...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
31400 would be good number...for both the shorts and the longs!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
oops!, 41400
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, the high was just a few points off the 400 mark and we had a good retrace, if we stay above 40267, then we could see 400 again and maybe more...
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
i havent actually i always jyust saw alsi and dow. i will have a look from tomorrow for ftse. i did get some nice short easy trades today on shorter time frames. the "400" may just be possible today
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
FTSE during day, until US opens. Remember FTSE now opens at 10am.US open may take us to 400 or below 300...either way i will be out at a profit.
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
yep us i knew i will watch the uk tomorrow. today for some reason i only stuck to 5 min an was interesting. but the 15 min is still much safer and easier i think.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
i think 15 minute easier...US gapped down..and I am out for day at 41280
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
it is im currently short on alsi 5 min last 25-30 min was a nice drop. i saw the gap. feels good .
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
i got kicked out @ 17:08... i guess that was one fantastic fast drop easy money. im out for today. thanks again for the help and cheers 4 now
0 Kudos