Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

am i the only one getting a beating

babz
Contributor
Who in this forum is making money these days? i have been trading for more than 3 years now and i can say that this year has started badly. i am down more than 25% of my investment and i can only see this pattern moving south. is this the general trading amongst the forumites or am i sitting in this sinking ship alone?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
LTC
Contributor
Until 2 weeks ago my portfolio was up 51%. Its now up just 5% (46% loss in 2 weeks).
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Well its a 3 year old bull market. So you picked a good 3 years to be trading. Anyway - everybody takes a beating from time to time. Vasbyt.
0 Kudos
grundy
Not applicable
I'm a newcomer to this game and I admit it's alarming to see what happens from day to day. I reassure myself by remembering that, despite all the "crashes" over the decades, stocks have still outperformed most other investments. It's a long term project.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Babz..You are not on your own out there. March has been a terrible month for me...I am getting scared of the usual May story coming up soon. I will have to make some big decisions soon.
0 Kudos