Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

amazing buy!

Not applicable
It is evident that Afdawn has a massive support at R150, Luckily I got in at R152 and I have a feeling that this share can sky rocket with the amazing financial results, cash flow, profit of the company.. Technically the RSI/Stochastics(oversold) Volume is gradually increasing showing that the bulls are entering the market and have realised that the price is oversold.. OBV is higher than the price showing steam with the bulls. There is a fakeout with the bollinger bands so I actually think that this share from today is a very good buy What are your views on it?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
richardw
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would agree with the TA but the signal is still slightly towrd the sell on STO so I would have to wait for a little longer to confirm trend. Still showing down so until the higher highs and higher lows start to deleop I am putting this on my watch list.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I appreciate the link and definately considering the valid information you have mentioned with the confirmation with TA. I believe that if everyone was on the same wavelength with the stock we can all win together and sell together. Stock market has never been about making others lose on our benefit it has been about a win-win sitatuation as there is enough problems in the world and fraudulent behaviour taking place. I have put a stoploss at around 145 or so just incase there is still further downside to take place as i see with teh ADX there are still more sellers than buyers however, seems to be a turning point. Appreciate the advice though :)
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Well, the deputy CEO is shorting the stock...which is a rather ominous signal. Something seems to be up? Caution advised!
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Support has been broken what is the downside?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If its not a false breakout the next support is 144/145 the down to 138 reached on 5 may. Lowest the sahre has ever traded. I would wait and see what the signals are like I said but right now it is still a sell. No buy in the cards yet. OBV also way down late afternoon
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
Notwithstanding what you say - look, listen, have your say, but make your own decisions - beware the herd psychology. Read Investment Madness by John Nofsinger.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Topgun How do you know the deputy ceo shorted the stock
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Possibly simply meant "sold" - see director dealings.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Well, he sold 500,000 shares in Dec @ 250cps. He has now shorted 228,000 shares via a SSF @ 159 cps! - there is no outstanding long SSF contract in his name if you peruse directors dealings for the past 18 months! He may still own additional shares, but in this case he clearly used a derivative to partially hedge against further downside risk/or profit from a further decline in the stock...read into that what you like.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Good find. No matter what the reason for the SSF or sale (insurance, etc), on the sum of his experience and inside info, he's more worried about protecting on the downside than losing on the upside.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes most definately, I have read that book in fact. How people in the market win together and lose together and those that don't listen to anyone else and is the contrarian in the situation wins. I think in the book it has the quote "Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered while Sheep roam the herd and Bulls fight the battles" Excuse me if I am thinking of a different book. On more of a serious note, I think a good indicator that the share is gaining steam for the future is the ever increasing volume. This share remains in my good books until it breaks under 145.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I don't think 1 anomally of a trader that got in at 149 will change the support level for this high potential company's share price. In technical analysis we call it a fakeout and because it was not a high quantity sold it does not reflect reality. It is similar if I put a sell at 120 which will be at my loss, some very lucky trader will get in but the masses will not respond to my stupidity. "Greater than a fools theory"
0 Kudos