Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ams

Not applicable
im short on ams,can someone tell me whats the reason behind this rally?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
If you explain why you are short then you could find your answer... There is absolutely nothing to say you should be short this share at the moment. You should have been long from 490 and stayed in. Plat prices up. rand stable, world markets very bullish (could infer than auto sales etc are expected to pick up) and the share is only now reaching 50% of what it traded at 12 months ago. This share has a long way to go before a small correction. Next resiatance is about 780.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
One reason could be the expected rise of platinum because of the car subsidy in the U.S. But actually, AMS just likes to jump around madly every so often.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
your'l never mention 95% drop in earnings and debt tripled to $18bn in the last year
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I kinda disagree that it should be all up from here. It moves up and down quickly, but the company is in a world of trouble and the numbers don't add up well. Quick glance at this page - what says buy? Also, their debt is painful. https://securities.standardbank.co.za/ost/sp/profilem/sdth/data/001142/Forecasts.htm
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the reason for the rally is buyers, lots of them (nasty horrid beasts they be) .. why they are there is of zero importance .. because you have an iron cast exit strategy planned before you entered and when triggered you'll simple exit ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well I never said it was all up from here. Just right now the numbers and the TA says dont buy but also dont sell either. To late to buy and make any decent profit but also not quite the right time to sell and lock in profit either. Kinda in the middel ground (more towards the sell side but still afew dys off). Sure company debt is high, earnings are horrid, but that was priced in 6 months ago so right now the share is reacting to postive sentiment in the market. Like Simon says, buyers those ugly beasts, are in. When a share jumps from 480 to 700 in a short time, Joe public gets into a frenzy and the "ethical????" brokers out there punt the heck out of a share to sell their holdings at a nice profit. OMO
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
CPS I think you called it just right on the middle ground, there are other Resources where they are on the up take, MRF, MTX smallcaps are slow caps.
0 Kudos
jamoo
Frequent Contributor
how could you go against the trend? this is an upward trend, no reason to short at all. wait for the trend to change before you short. right now it is a BUY!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Ally, I still believe we're up for a correction, but don't time it. Simply trade the price. Did that sound right Simon ??
0 Kudos